Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 9, 2011

Spiritually Blue

Reading Karena's post at Maggie's Secret Garden, just now, made me realize just what a sense of peace comes over me when looking at various shades of the colour blue.
I guess that's why I really like it, for the sense of calm it produces in me.
Looking at a photo of the church I used to attend, on the Sunday's that I could (haven't been for over a decade, now ... time gets away) I see the altar wall is painted a calming shade of blue.
Combined with soothing organ music, candles and incense, I can hardly think of a more calming atmosphere than this.
I'm not a fan of dogmatic Christianity, and this church is the least dogmatic that I've ever come across.
The Liberal Catholic Church
But I do like to sit in the silence of the big Cathedrals and just take in the peace and solitude.
It's only when some dogmatic know-it-all on a pulpit starts preaching about a fictitious hell, and how only true believers will be going to heaven, that the green slime starts rumbling in the pit of my stomach:- ( ;- )

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with you on the know- it-all, as I call it "bully", pulpit. I've yet to find a church that doesn't do this. And I've been to so many. My garden has become my sanctuary...although I could get used to sitting in the cathedral with the labyrinth you've shown here.
    Glad you enjoyed the post on blue...and come to think of it...I see a lot of blue visiting here. Thanks.
    BTW...I like the Redfield comment on your sidebar.

    ReplyDelete