Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 18, 2012

Movie - The Way

 A while back I bought some music CDs from the English branch of Amazon and there was a suggestion that I might like to purchase a DVD called The Way starring Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez and also written and directed by Emilio Estevez.
I had never heard of this movie before, but I had read Paulo Coelho's book The Pilgrimage, so I knew about the trek through Spain from reading his (in my opinion) thought provoking book.
I loved Emilio's early movies like Repo Man, The Breakfast Club and St Elmo's Fire, but it looks like he really has a promising career as a director/writer if this fine movie is anything to go by.
I loved it.
Makes me want to do the trek myself ... second thoughts maybe I'll just watch the movie again?-)
I couldn't find the interviews from the DVD extras, but if you get a copy of the film on DVD be sure to watch those interviews, as well.
5 stars from 5 stars for me.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation, will have to look out for The Way, sounds one I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of any of those either. Is the trek a spiritual walk?

    ReplyDelete