Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 6, 2012

"The Church" on Christmas Eve ... The Band That Is

I'm what I would consider a spiritual person, but I wouldn't say I was a religious person. 
Nevertheless, I did spend Christmas eve at The Church.
The band The Church played the Brisbane Powerhouse on Christmas Eve last year and I was one of the lucky 400 people to see/hear them play Priest=Aura, Starfish and Untitled #23 in their entirety on the band's 30th Anniversary, Future, Past, Perfect Tour.
This morning I saw the picture at the top of this post appear on my blog dashboard from a post written by Vicky Watt -
... the stars
It reminded me of The Church's song Under the Milky Way.
Which in turn reminded me of the spiritual ceiling of my childhood "church" ... the open night sky.
Oddly enough, The Church's album  Untitled #23 was released
6 March 2009 on the band's own label, Unorthodox Records and Second Motion Records in North America.
Track 4 on the album is Happenstance.
And today just happens to be March the 6th.

Also, I was looking this morning on their official  website wondering if they had a collection of their music videos on DVD, and they did.
Guess what it was called?
 
The song Under the Milky Way was also on the film soundtrack to one of my favourite films Donnie Darko.
Donnie Darko (soundtrack)

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful music, Daz. Hadn't heard of this group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this group either - you are updating my music knowledge recently! So, a 23 and a 424, there would have to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first fell in love with my girlfriend, we rode up to some far place in MD and found a spot to look at the stars.... this song was the one I remember. It was a spot she found on a map that said the most stars were visible in MD.... I almost felt like I was gonna have an out of body experience looking at the stars.... I sometimes want to hold onto the grass for the fear of floating away....that is just me, not love. Anyways instead of it being "romantic" it wound up being me going "nuts" spilling my gut's on all my paranormal experiences and crying like a madman.... now this song... it invokes that feeling for me. I guess it's interesting how songs can jar memories is what i am saying and we can relive them via "triggering" them with said song to reinvokes the feelings.... I do this often. Wish i wasn't a hermit so i could actually go enjoy bands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be a hermit when it came to movies and concerts.
    If I couldn't get someone to go with me I would stay home because I thought I wouldn't enjoy going out by myself,but now if nobody wants to go,I just go by myself.
    Like today I asked my sons,my wife and my brother if they wanted to see Lenny Kravitz,The Cranberries and Wolfmother play the Riverstage in Brisbane on March 24th.
    No takers,even though I was going to pay for their ticket...so I just bought the single ticket and I'm looking forward to it.I love "The Cranberries" and "Wolfmother"...and Lenny Kravitz is OK.
    So I feel it's one not to be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't go to movies... been to like 10 in the past 14 years or so. I have to wait for stuff to come out on DVD to watch it. I don't like going to things with people (crowds) I don't know.

    Lenny Kravits has always been interesting to me cause he is mixed and his mom was the black woman that was the wife of the white man in 'the Jeffersons' Tv show. I remember hearing years ago she got the part and they didn't know she was in an inter-racial relationship in real life.... Just thinking out loud about all the Zebra stuff i have been getting into, George Jefferson of use to call both of them a Zebra.... hmmm

    2 years ago my wife won tickets to see U2 (her fav band) I went and it was alright. Maybe I should try to get out more, IDK...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about crowds,most times I can't stand being in them either.I try to see movies when I know there won't be a lot of people in the cinema (like mid-week).
    And a lot of times I will try to talk myself out of going.
    Like that "Church" concert above.Intuitively I felt I should go,rationally I gave myself every reason that I should to stay home,from the price of the tickets
    (it was only $50,which is a real bargain,but when you can't afford to spare $50 that week,it seems a lot when you don't really have to go),to it being Christmas eve and having to get up early the next day to visit relatives,to driving across town (and petrol money),to worrying about the people who might show up to sit either side of me...and on and on.
    But I have to trick myself by putting it out to the universe,because I know that I won't get this chance again in this lifetime if I don't go...and it really does feel like that to me...I know I should go,but I would rather stay home than go out.
    As it was it turned out it was to be one of those nights that I will never forget...like it was meant to be.
    I did the same thing with Lenny's concert yesterday before I bought tickets...will it be the right choice?
    I don't know,all I can say is that I feel at peace with the decision now,come what may.I just have to let March 24th roll and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete