Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 8, 2013

Chinese New Year’s Eve Celebration 2013

Tomorrow is Chinese New Year's Eve and it's time to celebrate with my Chinese friends again at their temple.
I love this time of year and I'm feeling pretty excited about 
this Year of the Snake
Hopefully I can get some good photos of the event, like I did last year.
Welcome to the Year of the Dragon
Up at the temple in 2012
 I was listening to a podcast today from last night's radio program (424) called 
"An In Depth Preview of The Chinese Year of the Snake"
 http://radiooutthere.com/blog/2013/02/07/program-424/
At the 14th minute mention is made of how snakes guard the temples in the Indiana Jones movies, which I thought was funny, since my friends Rob and Trish MacGregor who were on the Coast to Coast radio show in The States on Tuesday are a husband-and-wife team of authors.
The Coast to Coast You Tube has since been taken down, so I replaced it with another interview about the MacGregor's books on aliens.
Rob being the half of the team who wrote Indiana Jones novels for George Lucas.

Rob MacGregor

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (novel)  
Rob is also a winner of the Edgar Allan Poe writing award, which is also a coincidence, as my oldest son's friend MC Lars wrote a song called Flow Like Poe
Flow Like Poe?
 about Edgar Allan Poe and he mentions the Baltimore Ravens being Poe's team.
On Sunday the Baltimore Ravens won the Superbowl.
Interesting also that the Radio Out There program was numbered 424, as that was my dad's old cab number.
 It's been a weird year, that's for sure.
Well, tomorrow night it's out with the dragon and in with the snake.

No comments:

Post a Comment