Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 11, 2013

Papa Don't Preach Coincidence?

A fish?
Big Fish?
"Pope Benedict XVI has announced he will resign as leader of the Catholic Church later this month due to ill health.
Pope Benedict says he will resign on February 28, 
making him the first pope to do so in 600 years.
"The Pope announced that he will leave his ministry at 8:00pm  
(local time) on February 28," said the spokesman, Federico Lombardi.
The 85-year-old pontiff says his strength no longer adequate to continue in office due to his advanced age.  
The resignation comes as a shock as tradition has seen previous popes die in office.
His tenure has been marked by some controversy, particularly the child sex abuse claims which have rocked the Catholic Church."
Pope Benedict announces retirement
"Papa Don't Preach" is a song by American singer-songwriter Madonna.
 The song was written by Brian Elliot with additional lyrics by Madonna, and produced by Stephen Bray and Madonna for her third studio album True Blue, released in June 1986.
True Blue?
Would the real Isis please stand up?-)
Year of the Snake and Abraxas? 
"Released as the album's second single in mid-1986, the song was a commercial success. 
It became Madonna's fourth number-one single on the  
Billboard Hot 100, and performed well internationally, reaching the top position in the United Kingdom and Australia. 
It was well received by music critics and was frequently cited as a highlight in the album. 
The song also caused her first conflict with the Vatican, as she dedicated it to Pope John Paul II, who urged Italian fans to boycott her concerts during the Who's That Girl World Tour in 1987."
"In 2002, the song was recorded as a hard rock version by British singer Kelly Osbourne, and was included as a bonus track on her debut album Shut Up
"Papa Don't Preach" was released in the United States in June 1986. 
It debuted on the  Billboard Hot 100 at number 42 and, within eight weeks of release, reached the top of the chart."
Papa Don't Preach
"Pretender" is the flip side of
the single of
"Papa Don't Preach".
 Pretender
He's a pretender, he knows just what to say
He's a pretender, yeah you meet him every day
He's a pretender, that fish that got away
He's a pretender, why'd I fall in love
It was so strange the way he held my hand
I wanted more than just a one night stand
He had a way of making me believe
That he was mine and that he'd never leave

[Chorus:]
I know that I should take my friend's advice
'Cause if it happened once, you know it happens twice
If there's a chance then I know I've got to try
I'll make him dance with me, I'll make him tell me why
He's a pretender
He's a pretender

[Intermediate:]
I'm not afraid to fall a hundred times
And I'll believe in all your silly lies
I'd like to think that I could change your mind
Don't say that I am blind, I know all about your kind

He's a pretender, yeah you meet him every day
He's a pretender, that fish that got away
He's a pretender, why'd I fall in love
I like the way he moved across the floor
And when he danced with me I knew he wanted more
But in the dark things happened much too fast
I should've stopped him then, I knew it wouldn't last
[chorus] [intermediate]

He's a pretender, yeah you meet him every day
He's a pretender, that fish that got away
He's a pretender, why'd I fall in l
ove
UPDATE: 12th Feb, 2013.

Ghanian Cardinal Peter Turkson is the favorite to
become pope after Benedict XVI resigns at the
end of the month, according to Paddy Power Plc.
Cardinals From Canada, Africa Lead in Papal Betting
"2013 Year of the Snake"?
Year of the Snake and Abraxas?

Will Next Pope Be The Last Pope?

UPDATE: 12 Feb, 2013.
Speaking of BIG FISH look at the number of Ewan McGregor's football jersey (11) at the 33 second mark of the trailer above, no less
(The Pope made announcement to his resignation on the 11th Feb)
and the scene after when a crow/raven takes his hat off his head,
while he is wearing what looks like St. Peter's Key around his neck. 
And his girlfriend's name is Sandra (Sandy?).

3 comments: