Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 11, 2013

Kickstarter Debate Raging Over Celebrities Projects

"Kickstarter has been criticized on and off in recent months for allowing celebrities to use the crowdfunding service to raise money — most recently Zach Braff, who raised 
more than $2 million on Kickstarter for a follow-up to his movie Garden State."
Kickstarter Responds to Critics of Zach Braff's Campaign
 Ken Levine set the cat among the pigeons with this post at his blog -
 I won't give Zach Braff one dime
I like the idea of funding both celebrities and newbies alike, I think there is room for both.
Rae Dawn Chong in Jeff: Who Lives at Home
Talking about Kick-starter like projects, there is only 4 DAYS TO GO to get 
Rae Dawn Chong's The Celebrant TV show project funded.
The Celebrant
A new audio magazine from Sync Book Radio
My oldest son is named Kevin, if you hadn't heard me mention that before;-)

2 comments:

  1. Love Sarandon in anything she does. She's good, in everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know much about Kickstarter but I can understand the Zach Braff controversy and celebs perhaps hi-jacking the concept. But maybe 'there are no wrong numbers' and 'everything happens for a reason'

    ReplyDelete