Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 14, 2014

More Storm Syncs?

August 8?
August 8?

Lucy

Into the Storm?

I went to the cinema to see the movie 'Into the Storm' yesterday and as I sat watching it, I thought just how synchy this film was to me personally.
After-all I did write a post a while back called
Moore Storm Syncs?
which is a big rambling post about the town of Moore that got hit twice by a huge tornado years apart.
In that Moore post I wrote about my syncs with Australian Rugby League team names and scores the weekend the twister ripped through Moore, and I mentioned a guy known in Australian Rugby League circles named Peter "Bullfrog" Moore.
In the movie the veteran storm chaser is named Peter Moore, as well.
There is also a main character named Donnie (Donnie Darko?)
Hmm!
Cory Monteith and Stormy Weather?
And I couldn't help thinking where I had seen a similar picture of jumbo jets being in a bad storm before?
Oh, that's right, how could I forget?
The plane in my post with a gazillion hits called -
Storm Season Starts in Brisbane
The characters even take refuge from the storm in a drain, or sink hole , oddly enough.
Then I started to get a little paranoid and thought maybe there is more than just coincidence going on here, and I decided to check out who wrote the script for the film.
John Swetnam
Turns out to be a guy by the name of John Swetnam, who also has a production company called "Mad Horse Films" (Year of the Horse?-)
I've got a feeling, and I could be wrong, but I think John has somehow stumbled across my blog posts and taken a few ideas for the film.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad if he did and good luck to him, it's not like those ideas and thoughts in the posts he may have read as research on the film can be copyrighted anyway.
I just would like to know if John is a closet Sync-Head who gives winks in his films to the Sync-head community (such as naming the head storm chaser Peter Moore;-)or whether we just happen to both be influenced by the Collective Unconsciouslike Jung would probably say.
Either way John, congratulations on a fantastic film, whether you found inspiration in my posts while writing it, or not.
I couldn't help but think that one of John's upcoming projects sounded a little like a Sync-Head pal of mine named Joe Alexander and the dilemma of being someone famous,
but having a You Tube presence in sync films he was making under a You Tube avatar.
Life is stranger than fiction as they say?
"When Casey, a dancer who is discovered on YouTube, gets thrust into the modern world of internet celebrity and culture, she must find a way to balance her true identity with her online persona, or risk losing everything she cares about."
Breaking Through
Joe Alexander
For instance, my British friend PsoNik 
(from Type 1 Radio ... click on the link at the bottom ... episode 71, to listen to a podcast with other Sync-Heads and PsoNik having a chat) and I have been having some big syncs together since meeting up last weekend for a trip to a wildlife sanctuary in Oz.
There will by a post about that day soon.
Just before I set out to see 'Into the Storm' at the cinema PsoNik posted this photo of him running into a guy in a tiger suit in Sydney on his Facebook page, which set me off on the book and movie 'The Life of Pi'.
I asked him was that tiger named Richard Parker by any chance?
Then to be funny I said "The Life of Pie?!
What did I eat for lunch on Saturday at the zoo?" 
and I sent him this picture of a guy in a boat eating pie.
Then I said to him, since PsoNik makes music,
"On the subject of "The Life of Pi" and sync, have you ever heard of a musician by the name of Hiroshi Watanabe and his album "Sync Positive" PsoNik? 
I wrote a post a while back about his music and 
his name being in the book "The Life of Pi". "
Hiroshi Watanabe Sync
After all that, I set off to the cinema only to do a double take and turn my car back round to go and take a picture of what I couldn't believe I just saw.
 An inflatable tiger slide someone had put up in their front yard for a kid's birthday party.
You just couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.
Episode 71: ArcheTypeOne
  
(Adult concepts discussed)
UPDATE: September 14th, 2014 11:41pm.
I've just finished reading Richard Clapton's book, "The Best Years of Our Lives" and I've been playing my favorite song of his (Deep Water) over and over while I've been reading it.
I decided to track down what album the song was off today and you'll never guess what it was called. 
"Goodbye Tiger"!? 
Richard actually sang the song "Goodbye Tiger" the night I went to his talk in Byron Bay, the weekend of the Byron Writers Festival, but I never knew it was off the same album as the song I like the most of his,"Deep Water"
 

3 comments:

  1. Wow.

    Yeah, life is always stranger than fiction. Novelists an only hpe to capture a fraction of this weirdness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait til you read the post about our day at the wildlife sanctuary then Trish.Super weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A dose of weirdness, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete