Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 10, 2015

My Sunday: Between Two Worlds and Trying to Catch the Big Fish

I spent last Sunday walking through David Lynch's "Between Two Worlds" Exhibition and took quite a few snaps, which I'm going to share in this post.
It's weird that I didn't put the two together at the time, but after buying David Lynch's book and CD "Catching the Big Fish" at his exhibition at the GOMA in Brisbane last Sunday I had forgotten how synchy it was that I had to walk to and from the exhibition to my car by walking under the "Big Fish" hanging above the walkway outside the museum, which leads to the elevator for the car-park my car was parked in.
I didn't get to the exhibition until just before 4 o'clock, not realizing that last admission to the gallery is at 4 to give patrons the last hour before the gallery closes to get through all the exhibits, so they don't let you in after 4.
I just made it with seconds to spare, so I thought I was really lucky, as I had just paid $15 to park my car and I only came out to see this exhibition, not realizing admission stopped at 4.
One extra red light, or small delay on my drive to the gallery and I would have missed out.
I've already written a post about the first artwork you encounter as you walk into the entrance of the "Between Two Worlds" exhibition here - 
My Walk Through a David Lynch Painting
The rest of the photos below I took because I liked them in some way, although using the word "like" may not be the right word to use for some of them, but in some way, they grabbed my attention.
Enjoy.
The guy in the above painting reminds me of Butt-Head out of the cartoon show "Beavis and Butt-Head" for some reason.
It's amazing what you think you
 can see in clouds, I think;-)
Rabbits plays continuously on the wall.
There was even a theatre where you can go inside and watch a few song clips from David's movies.
I just saw this clip with Nick Cage serenading Laura Dern in "Wild at Heart" .  
After buying a few things from the shop outside the exhibition I walked around the corner to another exhibition by a New Zealand artist, Michael Parekowhai.
This was a free admission and I only had about ten minutes to take a look before the gallery closed, but it was well worth a peak.
Michael Parekowhai's art is really good and is hard to capture in a photo, I guess that there is nothing really like being there;-)
I had a great day out at GOMA, now I'm off to catch some big fish, hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, these images are stunning! I had no idea he was an artist. I just knew him as a director of very weird and intriguing movies. What a trip this must have been!
    - Trish
    blog.synchrosecrets.com

    ReplyDelete