Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 15, 2016

What Would Jesus Do?

When I was walking around the streets of Melbourne on my recent road-trip I headed to St. Paul's Cathedral to get some photos of it.
A seagull on St. Paul's lawn ... hmm
A sparrow sitting on the bench
outside
St. Paul's in Melbourne
When I walk inside the church to snap a few more pictures I run smack bang into a sign that seems some kind of joke and...
I wonder if I needed a $5 permit
 to take this photo
??!
I asked myself what Jesus would do in my shoes.
A photo I took inside St. Paul's Cathedral
A photo I took inside St. Paul's Cathedral
I did buy a blue glass cross for $30, if that was any consolation to the Church, but I'll be damned ... and I probably was ... if I'm going to pay five bucks to be allowed to take photos in a church of the people.
My $30 blue cross from St. Paul's
I asked the guy at the counter why all the police cars were parked up the street, and what all the shouting going on was about, and he told me that two groups were clashing in a protest rally and the police had told them that they might want to think about closing the doors.
Australian flags set alight at clashes in Melbourne
"Masked members of a splinter anti-fascism group have set Australian flags on fire and scuffled with police and media in the latest Melbourne rally between rival protest groups."
I told him that it was crazy times we live in, and he agreed, but I was thinking more about that five-dollar fee to be able to take pictures inside a church, than those two groups clashing like they have for centuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment