Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 22, 2016

#51: "THE INTERSECTION BETWEEN FILMS AND PAINTINGS" WITH DUKE JOHNSON FEAT. CASEY BAUGH + YOSHINO

I wrote a post a while back called -
Anomalisa/Steve Jobs
It was about two movies that had just come out at the cinema which I loved, Anomalisa and Steve Jobs.
Synchronistically Michael Fassbender landed the role of Steve Jobs, which if you bother reading the link above to the two movies you will see is a bit of a miracle in itself.
"Anomalisa" (2015) Explained
Michael Fassbender just starred in a film that was based on a novel by a woman that I ran into who shared the same love of lighthouses that I do, in fact we met in the same town where my favourite lighthouse in the world is and which she uses in the opening pages of her novel, Byron Bay.
The Light Between Oceans

Love on the Rocks ... A Fool's Journey?

Michael Fassbender met his partner who starred opposite him in the film 'The Light Between Oceans'.
Oddly enough, Alicia Vikander was born the month before I was married, and the lighthouse was the first place I visited with my wife the day after my wedding, and I threw my wedding ring into the ocean just below the lighthouse after my wife left me after nearly 25 years of marriage ... seemed kind of fitting to me.
Now here is a weird synchronicity, I just saw and included here in this post the 'Anomalisa (2015)Explained' You Tube (below) and left it running, and then a review of the movie 'The Lobster' came on and I realized that Rachel Weisz was in 'The Lobster' and 'The Light Between Oceans'.

Spectre, The Lobster and 4:20

I saw and loved this movie just after my wife walked out on me.
Talk about timing.
"The Lobster" (2015) Explained 
But here is the real synchronicity in this post.
I started listening to Noah Lampert's podcast series and in episode -
SYNCHRONICITY – EP. 30YOSHINO [ARTIST DECODED]
Noah interviews an artist called Yoshino, who also runs a podcast series and interviews Duke Johnson, the director of the movie 'Anomilisa' and I just listened very surreally to this podcast this afternoon -
Actor Noah Taylor exhibits art in hometown Melbourne for first time
I mentioned in 'The Light Between Oceans' post that Noah Taylor reads the audio book of the novel from which the movie was made, and Noah also happens to be somewhat of a keen painter, as well.
Noah Lampert's podcast series is named 'Synchronicity' because he like me is a fan of Carl Jung's work and ironically Michael Fassbender played Jung in a movie called, 'A Dangerous Method'. 
But what I found really interesting in following the podcast rabbit hole was the following post -
Rose McGowan
#31: "FILMMAKING AND BREAKING THE MOLD" WITH ROSE MCGOWAN
Rose McGowan
"After many years in front of the camera acting for the likes of Brian DePalma, Quentin Tarantino, Wes Craven, Robert Rodriguez, among many others, Rose McGowan has turned her eye to directing. 
She premiered her directorial debut, the short film, Dawn at the Sundance Film Festival. 
It garnered not only critical praise, but a Grand Jury Prize nomination and qualified for the Academy Awards. 
McGowan is now preparing for her feature length debut.
Rose continues to evolve with explorations into music, she released her first single in the Fall after many years recording under different names, and virtual reality which she is currently creating several projects around this medium.
Today is a new era for McGowan - who seeks to create meaningful, artful work that inspires.
"

This was a great podcast interview with Rose in my opinion.
Music by 'Cage the Elephant'?!
'Cage the Elephant'?!
The Republican (elephant in the room?)
candidate for 2016?
Check out the synchromystic You Tube linked below -
Rose McGowan: Jesus Babies.
I also thought it was interesting how before Trump got in, Rose was trying to turn the "Spotlight" back on to Hollywood.
Rose McGowan shares her own rape story after Trump accusers come forward
Anyway, I found all of these synchronicties very interesting and I hope to have a post soon looking at a few movies of Rose's and all of the weirdness of 2016 ending in Trump becoming president of The USA in the year of the MONKEY.
That's Rose on the
right
of the poster

No comments:

Post a Comment