Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 9, 2016

Who Are You Today?

"Butcher Bird will wake you up with beautiful song or a slap to your truth and soul’s purpose."
Yesterday I heard what sounded like a tapping at my kitchen window and my first thought was that someone was trying to break into my unit.
The butcher bird who was tapping at my window
But it turned out to be a butcher bird tapping on my glass and then looked at me as if to say,"well, are you going to let me in our not?"
I had my iPod on me and took a few quick shots before the bird flew off.
"Butcherbirds are magpie-like birds in the genus Cracticus
They are native to Australasia
The Australian magpie has recently been placed in the same genus, and this new taxonomy has been supported by recent phylogenetic analyses.
Together with three species of currawong and two species of peltops, butcherbirds and the Australian magpie form the subfamily Cracticinae in the family Artamidae."
Anytime nature punches me in the face with something weird like this I can't help thinking that there is a shamanic message to unravel.
So, I unlocked the back door to see if the bird was still hanging around outback and nearly walked into a spider web with a giant spider in it.
The spider hanging off my clothesline outback of my unit
I had just watched the movie 'Enemy' on Netflix the night before and spider themes are rampant in that movie.
I had only watched that movie because I was trying to watch movies that the director of 'Arrival'Denis Villeneuve, had directed before directing 'Arrival'.
Arrival/11:11
'Enemy' is as good a film as 'Arrival' and if you watched it and didn't get the spiders throughout the film, or the film itself, then you might need to watch this -
Enemy EXPLAINED - Movie Review (SPOILERS)
So, almost running into that spider in my backyard was another "WHOA!" moment to me.
I go inside thinking I have to look up spiders and butcher birds on some shamanic animal website to see what this means on a shamanic type level.
I suspected that dogs drank
 out of toilets, but ants
?!
And I go to use the downstairs toilet before heading to the computer and find a heap of ants circling the bowl, which was weird, so I add ants to my list, as well.
I Googled the words "butcher bird" and "shamanic" and stumbled across a site run by Heather Price telling me that a butcher bird encounter means, "Butcher Bird will wake you up with beautiful song or a slap to your truth and soul’s purpose."
I have been having a lot of butcher bird encounters since my divorce, but I've had none before my divorce, which is a bit of a slap in the face, so to speak.
Another Orb at the Byron Bay Writers Festival?
People Places Things ... and Bricks
Hmm.
On the same page as the butcher bird meaning on Heather's site is this meaning about spider
"Spider reminds you that you are one with all of creation weaving your unique magic into life's web."
And on the same page on Heather's site was this meaning about ant -
"Ant will give you the determination and strength to carry extra loads and achieve today.and will help me cut through the s#!+ too, I guess?-)
And if you have read my last post, then maybe the elephant has a message for me too?-)
Empathy Rising?
"Elephant will bring you the strength of your ancestors and allow you to harness your intuition."
Heather's page is headed with this paragraph -
"Who Are You Today?
Power Animals are spirit guides who will travel with us when invited to share their qualities and strengths to assist you on your journey. 

Invite them into you day today and see what happens."
I'll probably see a kookaburra tomorrow after writing this post -
"Kookaburra helps you to laugh at the small stuff and take responsibility for your thoughts."
But I agree with Heather on her take on shamanism -
"Shamanism is thought to be the oldest form of healing on this planet, with ancient healing methods being established by indigenous cultures throughout the world long before organized religion. 
The word shaman is thought to have come from the Tungus tribe in Siberia and to be derivative from the ancient Sanskrit word 'scramas' and, though it is seen by many to be the first methodological form of mind-body healing, it is increasingly becoming associated with contemporary energetic healing practice.
The major principle underlying shamanic practice is the deep spiritual awareness of everything living and non-living on earth as having its own spirit or spiritual energy which can be communicated with. 

This principle is known as animism. 
For instance, an animist can easily talk to the ocean or the mountains, or even a stone. 
They may also communicate with a non-living object such as a car. 
Someone on a dedicated shamanic path will begin his or her day with a ceremony of reflection of gratitude. 
Every shamanic practitioner will develop his or her individual approach to their sacred intentions and greetings, however, all will show respect for the earth and her creatures. 
Many will be aware of the eight sacred directions to which to direct their prayers or intentions. 
The vertical directions are: the upper world; the inner world; the outer world; and the lower world; The horizontal directions are the east; the south; the west; and the north. 
Eight directions?
Where have I heard that before
?
Each direction has significant and personal meaning, and there are many different view points on what lies where within the sacred circle teachings.
Another commonality among those who follow the shamanic path is their awareness of the sacred circle which sustains all of life. 

Time is seen as being circular and layered, instead of linear and structured, and follows the direction of the sun and the unfolding of the seasons. 
The direction which they move within and round the circle may be different for those who practice in the southern hemisphere and those who live in the northern hemisphere. 
Each direction carries great meaning, representing the activities of the four seasons and characteristics and elements for daily guidance and growth.
While shamanic principles and guidelines can be sort out or accessed by anyone, the call to walk the shamanic path every day, in every way, is strong for some, and cannot be ignored. 

Such a call may come at a very young age, but it can come at any time. 
Often one person who walks the shamanic path will recognise another person who may have the call, and will see or sense the energy of likemindedness immediately."
I don't know about talking with cars ... although I have been known to swear at my old cars that I've owned ... but not my new baby, so far, and we've done over 20,000 kilometres together.
Anyway, I have to go now and figure out who I was yesterday.

UPDATE: December 10th, 2016
After writing this post I went to bed and this morning at 5.30 am a butcher bird like the one in the above video is on my bedroom veranda calling to its mate, or mates interrupting my sleep as bad as someone dragging their fingernails down a blackboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment