Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 14, 2011

Hello from Heaven???

Don't worry, I'm not a Theosophist or a Mormon
Last Friday night I started reading a book about
"After Death Communication" called Hello From Heaven by Bill & Judy Guggenheim.
What initially attracted me to it, apart from the subject matter, was the blue colour on the cover of the book (a very similar blue to my dream car, which I wrote about in previous posts).
Now, I was about a fifth of the way into it, and whilst it was/is good, it reads more like a series of case files than a novel, so it's full of great info, but can get a bit tedious after a while.
I was thinking if I should pick up another one of my books and give myself a bit of a break from this subject matter, or whether to plod on, so I could get the book read and then give it to my Mother-in-Law, or my wife to read, if they wanted to.
I got up to make myself a coffee and heard the dogs barking because someone was at the front door.
It turned out my son was talking to some people and was just closing the front door as I walked out to see what the dogs were yapping on about.
I asked him who he was talking to and he told me it was two Mormons who were door knocking in the area.
He handed me what looked like a baseball card with a picture of a church on it, instead of a baseball player and I said to him "what's this?".
He said they gave him this to give to his parents, as he had told them that his parents weren't home, because he knew neither of us were interested in becoming Mormons.
As I looked at the baseball type card in my hands, I couldn't help but recall the movie Field of Dreams, where an Iowa farmer named Ray Kinsella hears a voice in his corn field tell him, 
"If you build it, he will come."
Spiritual baseball card and playbook?
With  eerily similar messages on both reverse sides.
He interprets this message as an instruction to build a baseball field on his farm, upon which appear the ghosts of Shoeless Joe Jackson and the other seven Chicago White Sox players banned from the game for throwing the 1919 World Series. 
When the voices continue, Ray seeks out a reclusive author to help him understand the meaning of the messages and the purpose for his field.
Field of Dreams Trailer:
The Hanged Man Reversed?
I couldn't help thinking that the strange pose of Costner's (he played the corpse of a suicide in The Big Chill) on the movie poster reminded me of something ... The Hanged Man of the tarot, but in reverse.
I looked up The Hanged Man on Google and found this site;
ACTIONS
letting go
having an emotional release accepting what is surrendering to experience ending the struggle being vulnerable and open giving up control accepting God's will
reversing
turning the world around changing your mind overturning old priorities seeing from a new angle upending the old order doing an about-face
suspending action
pausing to reflect feeling outside of time taking time to just be giving up urgency living in the moment waiting for the best opportunity
sacrificing
being a martyr renouncing a claim putting self-interest aside going one step back to go two steps forward giving up for a higher cause putting others first 
DESCRIPTION 
The Hanged Man is one of the most mysterious cards in the tarot deck. 
It is simple, but complex. 
It attracts, but also disturbs. 
It contradicts itself in countless ways. 
The Hanged Man is unsettling because it symbolizes the action of paradox in our lives. 
A paradox is something that appears contradictory, and yet is true. 
The Hanged Man presents to us certain truths, but they are hidden in their opposites.
The main lesson of the Hanged Man is that we "control" by letting go - we "win" by surrendering. 
The figure on Card 12 has made the ultimate surrender - to die on the cross of his own travails - yet he shines with the glory of divine understanding. 
He has sacrificed himself, but he emerges the victor. 
The Hanged Man also tells us that we can "move forward" by standing still.
By suspending time, we can have all the time in the world.
In readings, the Hanged Man reminds us that the best approach to a problem is not always the most obvious. 
When we most want to force our will on someone, that is when we should release. 
When we most want to have our own way, that is when we should sacrifice. 
When we most want to act, that is when we should wait. 
The irony is that by making these contradictory moves, we find what we are looking for.
Kangaroo Point, where I took the photos for my Story Bridge post.
Mormon Headquarters, Kangaroo Point.
Well, I'll have to mull all this over, because there are some very strange "coincidences" involved here.
All I'll say for now is it's a weird sync that these two Mormons show up at the same time that I'm contemplating giving the book a rest and had just written some of the draft for the Story Bridge post, which I ended up posting on Saturday.
With all the photos in the post being shot from Kangaroo Point  (right where the lightning strike is hitting in the foreground of above photo), just up the road from the Mormon's Brisbane headquarters.
On ya bike,  fellas!
I have to thank them for the card and the synchronicities that followed, but if you've seen this SouthPark episode, then I can say it pretty much sums up my views on the Mormon religion.
Sorry fellas, but I have to agree with the Theosophists when they say, "There is no Religion higher than the Truth", and that goes for Thoeosophists, as well.
The Beatles pretty much sum up my philosophy about religions, too.
When they sing Think for yourself .
Most religions operate from the fear angle instead of the love angle.
If they cut the fear mongering out and kept the to the love side of things, then I'd have no problem with going to church.
It seems a real shame to me, that at the moment, the most peaceful and spiritual churches, are the empty ones.
                      "Go the distance!" Field of Dreams

1 comment:

  1. This sequence of synchros is great! Field of Dreams remains one of my all time favorite movies. Costner is such an interesting actor. Even is not so good movies are fascinating.

    ReplyDelete