Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 15, 2011

STING/SLICK (Two of My Favourites)

STING/SLICK 

by Grace Slick

Before Sting puts his organized ruminations to use, the quiet time spent embracing the difficulties of humanity require discipline – physical, artistic, emotional, and personal – in order to lead the beautiful life he offers us. A fully concerned man, he seems to embody contemplating mastery. 
Grace Slick
Also known as 
"
The Acid Queen",
  
"The Chrome Nun"
STING/SLICK by Grace Slick
I wish I had a spare $1600 to hang on this pic on my wall, but alas, at the moment I don't.
I've seen Sting play live twice in Brisbane and I would have to say that he is up there with the greats.
If you get the chance to see/hear him live, take it.
I don't think you'll be sorry.
Do I really need to point Grace out?-)
This painting by Grace Slick (Lead singer of Jefferson Airplane) captures two of my favourite things, that shade of blue and the great singer songwriter Sting.
I just love Grace's art and her music.
If you've never heard her music (where have you been hiding?)  
then follow the white rabbit to a YouTube of her singing
White Rabbit/Someone to Love
If you want to see, or purchase her art, here's the link that will take you there -
Grace Slick Limited Editions
And writing about portraits and great artists, here's another of my favourite doubles in that area.
Starr with her painting of probably my all time favourite singer/songwriter John Lennon ... sorry Sting and Bruce (Springsteen is a very close second though, for me anyway).
Starr and John Lennon
To visit Starr's Blog, or see her art, click on the links below:
Starr's  Wonderland Play List
Starr's River Fire (The Story Bridge)
Here's a You Tube to an interview with Grace talking about her career and painting
and here's a link to one of my all-time Sting favourites  
Fields of Gold 
Maybe not the best sound quality, but I like the visuals for this clip ... sorry.
Fields of gold, or fields of dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment