Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 13, 2011

Why not 10:10, Instead of 11:11?

What makes me notice 11:11 so much, as say opposed to 10:10?
I hardly ever notice 10:10 at all, and yet just about every watch catalogue, men's magazine, or commercial featuring a wrist watch will usually have the watches set to ten minutes past ten and thirty-five seconds.
So, if there was ever a time prompt drilled into my head, then surely that would be it.
How many people notice this time prompt regularly I wonder? 
And if so, does it give you the same freaky feeling I get when I turn around and see a pair of 11's staring back at me, I wonder ... yet again?
This would have to be the number one time prompt shoved down our throats day in and day out, yet I don't see any books on the  
10:10 Phenomena, or hear about people spookin' out when they see 10:10 looking back at them.
Maybe it's time watch makers tried this configuration in their ads from now on, and see if that grabs the watch buying public's attention a little bit more often?
I know it would grab mine.
But, as for ten past ten ... forget about it.
Well, I do anyway.
Eleven past eleven though, gives me that same eerie feeling that I get when I watch those eyes staring out behind the glasses in the billboard advertising sign, in the movie version of F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby.
Boo!!!

1 comment:

  1. So TRUE! These repetitive numbers - of any sort and sequence - are so mysterious.

    ReplyDelete