Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 10, 2011

Follow Your He(art)!

Follow Your Heart?!
 At the Byron Bay Writers Festival on Friday I ran into a friendly couple who run a studio and gallery in the Byron Bay hinterland, and were selling wonderful hand made ceramic tableware.
There were so many great pieces of pottery I didn't know where to begin.
So, I promised that I would come back the next day and buy a few pieces, as my backpack was full of books by then anyway, and I didn't want to break the ceramics.
Follow Your Passion?!
 All of the pieces had inspirational or motivational words written on the edges of them.
The cup pictured above (which I purchased) for instance had a flaming heart with the words  
"Byron Bay Writers Festival - Burn Baby Burn", and was a cup made by Brooke to give to all the writer's that did a talk at the festival.
It was a cup with the theme of passion, and following your heart.
Digging in the Dirt???
 But the other one I bought, I thought was particularly relevant to me.
The words on this cup said, "To Forget How to Dig the Earth & Tend the Soil is to Forget Ourselves".
It reminded me straight away of Peter Gabriel's song 
Digging in the Dirt.
I love those spirals that make up the inner rose
I just had to get that cup, it was like it was made just for me, if you remember the post I wrote here;
Gabriel (Peter)
I promised them both that I would pop by their studio in a few weeks time and pick up some more ceramic works of art from them.
To see more of their wonderful pottery collections here's the link to their  website; 
Red Door Studio
And just a note to Mary Soliel;
Mary Soliel, Award-Winning Author
Mary Soliel
Red Door Studio
444 Fernleigh Road 
Fernleigh
NSW 2479
 
It's your favourite number Mary - 444
Follow Your Heart!

Peter Gabriel Digging In The Dirt Lyrics

Something in me, dark and sticky
All the time it's getting strong
No way of dealing with this feeling
Can't go on like this too long

[Chorus:]
This time you've gone too far [x3]
I told you [x4]
This time you've gone too far [x3]
I told you [x4]

Don't talk back
Just drive the car
Shut your mouth
I know what you are
Don't say nothing
Keep your hands on the wheel
Don't turn around
This is for real
Digging in the dirt
Stay with me, I need support
I'm digging in the dirt
To find the places I got hurt
Open up the places I got hurt

The more I look, the more I find
As I close on in, I get so blind
I feel it in my head, I feel it in my toes
I feel it in my sex, that's the place it goes

[Chorus]

I'm digging in the dirt
Stay with me I need support
I'm digging in the dirt
To find the places I got hurt
To open up the places I got hurt

Digging in the dirt
To find the places we got hurt
[x7]

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading this and loved seeing my favorite numbers, as well as the beautiful coffee mugs!

    Thanks for thinking of me, my friend...

    ReplyDelete