Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 3, 2011

The Tree of Life

I finally saw the The Tree of Life last weekend and have to say that I thought it was pretty good, although a little drawn out in places.
It's definitely a right brain movie experience though, and I noticed that I was in the minority of those who liked it, when one bloke in the cinema stood up and exclaimed pretty loudly 
so other cinema patrons could hear his most greatly valued opinion 
(to him, anyway),"What the F#%& was that all about???!"
To which a handful of other patrons applauded his ignorance. 
It's no Baraka (see trailer below), which is still my favourite in this class of film, but it is worth a watch.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. 
 I couldn't get over how much Jessica Chastain looks like  
Clare Bowditch
Jessica Chastain

2 comments:

  1. So this film is more of a visual experience rather than a story? I wasn't sure I wanted to see it...there's been a lot of negative press about it. Although I'm not one to let the media sway my opinion...the trailer left me without a clue. I do trust your opinion more so than the media...so I'll have to give the Tree of Life a chance. Baraka looks very interesting as a visual experience...and I'm putting this in my movie queue. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not everyone will like "The Tree of Life"...and that's for sure.It's one of those films you either like or hate.I liked it,but I can see why others won't.But give it a go on the big screen,because it's one to watch in the cinema.Having said that,I will probably get the DVD when it comes out.Some parts I could do without,but other parts are magnificent.

    ReplyDelete