Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 12, 2011

Jonathan Franzen in Brisbane

Jonathan Franzen, on the right
I was just finishing (Australian singer/Somgwriter) Paul Kelly’s (who I met at the Byron Bay Writers Festival in August, and where I purchased his book) memoir How to Make Gravy mid-week, where he mentions reading Jonathan Frazen’s novel The Corrections, while touring the USA in 2002.
That reminded me to book tickets to Jonathan’s talk at the  
Brisbane Writers Festival for Sunday Sept 11th, which I probably would have missed out on had that passage in Kelly's book not reminded me.
I met Jonathan Yesterday while getting him to sign his three books, The Corrections, The Discomfort Zone and Freedom.
 I’m not familiar with his work at all, but Paul Kelly gave the thumbs up to  The Corrections, so I think I will find it good reading.
Jonathan said he was busy writing The Corrections into scripts for a TV series coming out in 2013.

If I like the novel I’ll have to keep an eye out for it on the tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment