Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 4, 2012

Wiyathul * If You Love Music, You Must Have a Listen to This Song

WARNING: Aboriginal and Torres Strait readers are advised that this story contains the name and image of a deceased person.
This song to me is the equivalent of spiritual open heart surgery.
I first heard this song sung live by Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu at the Byron Bay Bluesfest last year 
”But Dylan’s Not Dead” ”Oh ... Isn’t He?”  
as a curtain raiser to Bob Dylan, and it's not hard to hear why he was Dylan's pre-show, when you listen to this angelic song.
I just love listening to Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu sing.

5 comments:

  1. He is amazing and perfect for a Sunday.Thank you for sharing him with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that is something special. I did look for a translation on Google, even though it's not really necessary. The voice says it all. Thanks for the intro as I hadn't heard of the gentleman before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike,you can find the English translation here;

      http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/3530822107858831261/

      Delete
  3. If I hadn't tickets to see Dylan play Bluesfest,I probably still would not of heard of him...and I live in the same country as him.
    It was a great find and an honour to see and hear Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu play live.Between him,Dylan,Elvis Costello,Buffy Sainte Marie
    (not that I heard much of her play this day,but it was a great intro for me to her fantastic music),Tim Finn and Leon Russell,it was one of the most memorable days of my life...one that I will always cherish with fond memories.
    These kind of days are truly priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's awesome. Have never heard of him until now. His voice is simply astounding.

    ReplyDelete