Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 14, 2012

Nothing But A Number?

My old friend the Sacred Kingfisher
I was in my local newsagents a few weeks ago looking at magazines, and one caught my eye.
http://www.insightmagazine.com.au/
 It may have been the blue graphic headline or the
But a Number sub-headline, I don't know?
 I had just finished reading Gnostic 2 and had ordered the DVD box set of  the 1967 TV series The Prisoner after reading an article about the show in it.
"No man is just a number"
So, I was quite focused on the idea of just being a number.
 I still haven't seen any of the episodes yet, even though I now have the DVDs.
The opening scene in the above You Tube reminds me so much of my day job that it's not funny.
I even have to go through a similar boom gate to get into my workplace ... that is after swiping my numbered card for the boom gates to let me in.
The Insight magazine looked interesting but having been a subscriber a few years back I didn't find that much that truly interested me in the magazines I had read.
It was too "New Agey" for me.
An article from my Insight magazine
But when I picked it off the stands and started flicking through it the picture of a Sacred Kingfisher caught my eye and the story about Creativity and Kingfishers looked too good to put back on the stand, so I purchased the magazine, took it home and threw it on my desk.
The Bird that Flew into the Window

Always Record

Episode 7

On Tuesday I was listening to Always Record and Alan was talking about the Prisoner TV show.
I had almost forgotten about the DVD boxed set I had ordered weeks ago from the States.
But what should be waiting for me when I went to check my PO Box that day?
Prisoner!
Article on Prisoner from Gnostic 2
Friday morning when I was leaving for work I saw the
Insight magazine still laying on my desk and I garbed it and threw it in my bag and took it to work to read during my meal breaks.
"Your true colours are beautiful
 like a
rainbow ?
"
I was sitting on a couch in the locker room reading the above passage of the article on Creativity and Kingfishers, where it said "What does it mean to live creatively? 
In the opinion of Julia Cameron,author of The Artist's Way (a book I have read years ago, loved and still own) it means allowing the Universe to dream, act and create through us."
She says,"when we open ourselves to our creativity we open ourselves to the Great Creator working with and within us." 
"By embracing the choice to be a creator we slowly begin to coax out our true colours, and like Cindy Lauper sings,"your true colours are beautiful like a rainbow. So don't be afraid to let them show."
As I read this article about creativity I looked down at the co-worker badge hanging from my neck and my thoughts drifted towards the prisoner theme.
My number ****0104.
Then I started thinking about Cindy Lauper's song True Colours and how I always love hearing that song and the fact that I couldn't remember the last time I heard it ... and I know you won't believe this ... because I barely believe it myself, but I swear on my life and anyone's life that is dear to me, that  True Colours started playing over the work PA system that very moment I thought about it.
It was Friday 10.40 am and my badge number ends in the numbers 0104.
I still can't believe that cluster of syncs happening like that, so I couldn't expect anyone reading this post to believe it, but it happened just as I said anyway.

3 comments:

  1. Cluster synchros! The number, the prisoner...I used to love that show. At the time, there was nothing else like it on American TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watched any episodes yet,but soon as I have gotten through "Twin Peaks","Prisoner" will be next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this series and last time we were in Wales we went to see the village of Portmeirion, where a lot of it is set - it's a magical place. Can't say I fully understood the Prisoner when I first saw it though!

    ReplyDelete