Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 23, 2012

The Circle of Connection

The ripple effect of sync connections?
When I heard Marc Fennell talk at the Byron Bay Writers Festival I had no idea who he was, I had stopped watching The Movie Show after it left SBS TV for ABC TV, and I don't listen to JJJ Radio and I had never watched The Circle TV show, except for short clips of their guest authors, like Helen Brown, author of the book Cleo, who I met last year at the BBWF.
 
After I bought his book and saw him do a few talks at the BBWF, I Googled his name to find out a little more about this guy.
I found out he worked on the TV show The Circle as  
That Movie Guy doing movie reviews for the show.
Marc also reviewes movies for JJJ Radio where today he made this big call -
Beasts of the Southern Wild "One of the best movies of the year".
Big call?
But he has made such calls before and been spot on. 
Listen to his audio review from JJJ here -
http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/triplej/film/movies_beastsofthesw.mp3 
What I didn't realize was that The Circle got axed in early August this year. 
I only found out after reading Marc's blog that Marc had worked on the show for 2 and a half years.
Little did I know I would lose my job in a little over a month's time, too.
And talking about work, my son's boss was also on The Circle at one time, promoting her new book. 
My wife's copy of Rachael's book,
that I paid for, I might add
.
Shouldn't it be signed to me
?-)
But you'll have to click on to Rachael's site and watch it, because I can't get it to upload on to this blog, for some reason, but there is a clip I found of her, although not on the TV show The Circle.
http://www.rachaelbermingham.com/
Another author I met at the BBWF was Ailsa Piper, and over at her blog in a post called
Water 
Ailsa wrote;
"Last week, I was invited to write something to read at the first story-telling night at the Grumpy Swimmer bookshop in Elwood. 
The theme was “water” – not an element in which I’ve ever felt easy, much as I love it." 
Did you write
The Grumpy Swimmer Bookshop
Ailsa???
http://www.facebook.com/TheGrumpySwimmer
Well, between Marc's review and Ailsa's Grumpy sync, I think that's my que to check Beasts of the Southern Wild out at the movies.
Altogether now, let's sing ...

No comments:

Post a Comment