Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 29, 2013

Back On Line After Oswald Knocked Me Off

Cyclone Oswald heading for Brisbane
Cyclone Oswald broke up and came down the Queensland coast causing a trail of destruction and floods.

Your pictures: East coast flood disaster

Around 200 000 homes in Brisbane lost power Sunday night ... mine being one of them.
And I only just got power back on now, around Tuesday 11am.
Which meant no internet, phone, TV, freezers and hot water for coffee.
As I write this post up, the Brisbane River is hitting its peak, and while not as bad as 2 years ago, it's still bad enough.
Let's hope this is as bad as it gets.
Watch this car come out of nowhere and nearly hit these two cops.
Jellyfish on a King Tide in Brisbane?

4 comments:

  1. Glad your power came back on, Daz. We know what it's like. During one hurricane, we spent 10 days without power. I nearly lost my mind. These videos and images remind me of Tropical Storm Sandy and even Katrina, with rescues for rooftops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst thing for me was no boiling water for my coffee.
    I resorted to making iced coffee
    (cold milk with teaspoons of coffee in it) to get my fix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are okay. Must be a big problem without power, bet Sunday to Tuesday seemed a long stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mike
    Last week I was complaining about the horror of only drinking coffee,or tea,because I haven't had beer since New Years Eve.Then the last two days I could'n't even have tea or coffee.
    I'm grateful every time I boil the jug now :-)

    But now they are telling us we could run out of water,because the water filtering system
    is damaged from the flood :-(

    ReplyDelete