Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 10, 2013

With Eyes Wide Open

The book as a mirror?
The exercise I decided to try today
I've been reading a book called Inner Excavation,
the book that inspired my first attempt at a real poem - 
Traveling Mind  
and was up to the section titled Seeing With Eyes Wide Open and decided to do the photographic exercise that was on the page.
It was funny because I had just read this section the day I found out Patti Page had died, which is why I included her song  
With My Eyes Wide Open in the post I did on Patti -
Patti Page dies aged 85 ... and a Personal Sync For Me
So, after I finished my cup of tea I got cracking with this exercise.
What colour is your morning?
That's what it looks like to me just after eyes open.
And this is what it looks like a bit later on.
What are the shapes of your day?
Today is hot where I live, so most of the day has been spent under one of these pictured above.
Most of Australia is in the grip of a heatwave, or battling bush-fires like the one above.
Dunalley locals question control-burning regime
What are the smells of your evening?
I cheated a bit on this one, since I wasn't going to wait for nightfall to snap kitchen photos with an abusive wife bashing me with a fry-pan and telling me to get out of the way;-)
Where most of the evening smells come from
Where would I be without Tabasco sauce in my life?
What are the textures of your weekend?
Where did the pool go?-)
What are the sounds of this moment?
What nourishes you?
My main fuel source ... coffee.
I'm out of beer, so you'll just have to imagine a bottle here;-)
What do you see when you open your eyes and really look?

4 comments:

  1. I love this and am going to try it myself. Have to get the book first. Very interesting post, Daz. Coffee. Sigh. And really, I love that mug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great process. Might well try this later on today. Good to see the Lea & Perrins bottle. I love the stuff but for some reason Karin has just bought an alternative and it just wasn't the same. Words were spoken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your right Mike,nothing is as good as Lea & Perrins.I've tried other brands when it was sold out,but I always grab Lea & Perrins,when I have the choice.
    That and Tabasco are the main ingredients of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, now remember this post. Must have had this in the back of my mind when I started my photo every day exercise. So thanks!

    ReplyDelete