Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 4, 2013

Koala Dreamtime

The Koala spends most of it's day in an altered state sleeping around 18 hours a day. 
Then when it wakes up it spends the majority of its time eating eucalyptus leaves, which have little nutrition, so it has to eat great amounts of them. 
However the leaves have an intoxicating effect similar to that of a narcotic drug, causing the koala to be permanently stoned. 
In essence, it has a built-in drug addiction to its food source.
http://www.animaldreaming.com/
In Scott Alexander King's book koalas represent journeys.
"Koala represents a sacred journey that is unique for everyone.
Now is the time to start notice of your inner self, your innate connection to all the information of the Universe.
Stop looking to others for corroboration, advice or wisdom.
Take responsibility for your own life, your own path and your own destiny by listening to your heart of hearts.
Koala says that you must start your own journey; a quest that will unlock the answers you seek from a place hidden deep within your essence.
Meditating?
Gum Leaves?
Is there a koala up in that tree?
Figurines on my desk. Steve, croc and koala
Enlightened koala ... or just stoned?
Maybe they are just tree-hugging hippies?
...or stoners?
"I don't care who won the Superbowl raven,
so go away."
 I'll make it a practice to rub their bellies from now on just in case ;-)
What's the secret ingredient in it I wonder?

4 comments:

  1. How odd. Yesterday I pinned the exact same picture of the koala sleeping on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pin/513832638705262490/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a coincidence.
    I found most of these pictures koala pics on Google images this morning,except for the photo of my desktop figurines and the can of Koala Cola which I designed years ago and was going to sell as a t-shirt,but thought Coke would sue me.So I just put it up for others to steal if they want to use it for their own t-shirt,or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops!
    I forgot to edit out the word 'pictures' in the above comment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Ravens were well ahead in the Superbowl when I was putting this post together,but I thought I was going to have to take that crow picture out of the post for a while there.
    So,I'm glad the Ravens held on to win.

    ReplyDelete