Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 22, 2013

Goldfish Dreaming: Sanctification

A page from the The Wave-watcher's Companion
Goldfish are members of the Carp family.
Domestic forms of Carp include Koi and Crucian Carp.

Carp Dreaming

Reward

Goldfish are one of the world's most popular household pets.
Just Outside the Box Cartoon
The Chinese were the first to domesticate the goldfish and in
Feng Shui Goldfish are a symbol of good fortune.
The Chinese believe they rid the home of negative energy (Sha- Chi).
Black Goldfish are thought to be powerful symbols of protection, 
either deflecting negativity or absorbing it.
The Chinese think 9 is an auspicious number of fish to have and they usually keep 8 Goldfish and one black Goldfish to absorb the negativity.

Nine Kinds 

of Naked

Welcome to the 

Year of the Dragon

The Koi and

 the Dragon

The Cosmic Egg 

and the Dragon

Goldfish in Asia are celebrated because they resemble baby dragons, another favourable creature thought to bring good luck.
The Chinese word for fish is 'yu'
a word that can also mean accomplishment or abundance.
 So, who are Yu?-)

Henry Kenneth Alfred "Ken" Russell 

(3 July 1927 – 27 November 2011)

Animal Dreaming

Personally, I'm against keeping any animal in confined bowls or cages.
The only bowls or cages I like to see in homes are empty ones.

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday, we were in a bait and tackle shop here in the Florida keys and I saw your goldfish in a bowl image - on a t-shirt, I think it was. I thought, Wait, that's Daz's image! What's it doing here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Trish
    It's not my image,it's Tracey Keller's.
    I pinched it off her,but my picture is linked to her painting of the fish if you click on it in the side bar.
    I have her paintings all over my computer room.
    I love her work.

    ReplyDelete