Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 2, 2013

PsychoNauts Steve Willner & Ezra Zera with Vinny Eastwood 30May 2013


Great interview on 
the Vinny ("go ahead, make my day") Eastwood show 
with Steve Willner and Ezra Zera.
Funnily enough, they mention a bird imitating a chainsaw, and I was just watching a You Tube of a Lyrebird doing just that last night, as I've been working my way through Scott Alexander-King's book Animal Dreaming and looking up the birds he writes about on You Tube to see what they look like.
I was watching a few talking bird clips last night like this talking Mynah bird.
 I'm up to page 223 of Animal Dreaming which is Peacock
which Steve alludes to while talking about his headdress.
I knew Steve reminded me of someone;-)
Gotta love sync.

2 comments:

  1. So is that Animal Dreaming thing any good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Gordon
    I don't use the cards as an oracle,I just bought them more as art to look at and to choose totem animals for myself.
    The book "Animal Dreaming" I quite like as a guide to animal archetypes.
    I'm intrigued to see what this next deck is like.
    I met Scott at the Byron bay Writer's Festival in 2011 after his talk which impressed me so much that I bought his book then.It's more of a reference book on animal archetypes than a book you would read from cover to cover,which I am doing now,oddly enough.
    There are sample chapters on Google books which will give you an idea as to whether it would appeal to you or not.

    ReplyDelete