Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 22, 2013

I've Always Been a Crappy Drawer ;-)

My blogging pal King Uke recently had a post teaching people how to draw, and among other things he showed how to draw turds.
How to Draw a Cannibal
But that's the one thing I can draw, if only crappilly. 
The two coloured designs above are old t-shirt designs I used to sell.
The bottom one had quite a run for a while, too ... pardon the crappy pun.
 I even made a few King Poo magnets for my office
The 'Poo People' comment was one of Graham Kennedy's favourite sayings to Tony the producer of the Blankety Blanks TV show. 
He used to tell Tony that Tony was "King of the Poo People", when Tony was giving him a hard time on the show.
But I'm afraid turds are about it for my drawing talents, I can't even draw a turdle,
or a gun for that matter;-)
I can't even draw that good.
Maybe I need one of those elephant pens in the above cartoon?
Ahh ... that's better.
Get one of these elephant pens and you too can go from a # 1 to a # 2, like I did.
The only thing you have to pay is the bottom of your shoe to this guy, sometime in the future.
It was a strange deal, but hey, now I can draw like the Devil;-)

3 comments:

  1. Wouldn't mind one of those elephant pencils.

    The only turd joke I know is from the comedian Steve Williams: "I was talking to my friend from New York yesterday, and I used the expression, 'You can't polish a turd'. He looked at me, disgusted, and said, 'No, you can't, but you can roll it in glitter'. He's a lovely guy but I wouldn't want to go to a craft fair with him"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember a Dutch neighbour telling my mother that you could get a turd off at the university vets and that you wouldn't get that kind of service from your normal vets :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oddly enough, the turd part of my post has been the most popular. I'm still getting comments on it. I remember a poster (which I can't find on the internet) which ran on billboards in NZ in the 90s that had a tag line "Easier to swallow than the Captain's Log". Made me chuckle. It was a reference to Star Trek... but that's all I can remember.

    ReplyDelete