Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 24, 2013

Kubrick the Shaman: Part 2


I wrote a post over 2 years ago saying that I thought
Stanley Kubrick was a modern day shaman-
Kubrick, The Shaman
Today though I  think I was given a synchronistic confirmation when reading Awakening to the Spirit World.
I was on page 327 at the back of the book reading about one of the book's contributors, Tom Cowan, when I realized the 327 was like an anagram of 237, the room number in the Kubrick movie
This sudden thought came to me to check page 237 in the book to see if there was anything that could link to the movie The Shining.
Now I was not even up to page 237 in the book yet ... I'm still not.
I was stunned to find the actual word 'shining' on that page, which didn't even run for half a page in length.
Page 237 in Awakening to the Spirit World
Page 237 in Awakening to the Spirit World
A Good Friday at Bluesfest  
I even decided to check page 217 
(the room number in the book The Shining)
of the book to see what was there as well.
Oddly enough, it is about shamanic dismemberment!?!
Which reminded me very much not only of The Shining, but also the movie The Grey starring Liam Nesson.
I loved this movie, The Grey and have written a few posts on it before.
Thinking Outside of Time (or the Box)  
I even checked page 127 to see what was on that page and found it was about working with your nightmares.
Well, all I can say is that it seems like I'm on my right path with this book and that Kubrick is a modern day shaman, not that I really needed convincing there.
Chilling stuff, I think;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment