Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 1, 2013

The Hanged Man Position

I woke up this morning with my feet in the Hanged Man position 
just like the guy in the card pictured above.
This has never happened to me before when waking up,
so I wondered if it may be some kind of subconscious message.

ACTIONS
letting go
having an emotional release
accepting what is
surrendering to experience
ending the struggle
being vulnerable and open
giving up control
accepting God's will
reversing
turning the world around
changing your mind
overturning old priorities
seeing from a new angle
upending the old order
doing an about-face
suspending action
pausing to reflect
feeling outside of time
taking time to just be
giving up urgency
living in the moment
waiting for the best opportunity
sacrificing
being a martyr
renouncing a claim
putting self-interest aside
going one step back to go two steps forward
giving up for a higher cause
putting others first

THE HANGED MAN

The funny thing is that I have been feeling like I'm nearly at the end of my rope as far as life choices go, and in the last fortnight there have been three suicides I've heard of involving friends and family, my cousin taking a fatal overdose last week, a cousin's husband who hung himself and a cancer patient who gassed himself.
The only one who I knew personally was my cousin, the other two I had not met, that I know of. So, waking up in this position, which I recognized immediately made me ponder just what it might mean, if anything.
I feel like my subconscious has left me hanging on this one to tell the truth;-) 

1 comment:

  1. I read: "... the figure, as a whole, suggests life in suspension, but life and not death."

    I suppose we all have times of 'life in suspension' but these aren't terminal and pass with a period of time.

    ReplyDelete