Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 10, 2013

Death Cafes ... Spreading Like a Virus

http://www.deathcafe.com/

Death Cafe/The Feed

The first Death CafΓ© in the USA

I helped to fund the first Death Cafe in the United States and now I see them popping up everywhere.
Which is a good sign of the need that exists in the community to discuss what some view as a taboo topic.
Me in my Death By Poison T-shirt.
Let's face it, sooner or later we all have to face it.

First Death Cafe in Australia

7 comments:

  1. Fascinating. I think this kind of thing should go viral. People need to be able to talk openly about death and all the mystery that surrounds it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you smoke in them? Serious question, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a trendspotter! Thank you for supporting the first one in US! We now have 40+ cities in U.S. and many other countries hosting. I know there have been a few in Australia. ..any near you yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just removed a duplicate comment if you were wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Unknown
    Re: "Can you smoke in them?"

    They are all run on an individual basis,so I think they would have to abide by normal smoking laws in food premises.You would have to ask the person who is running the event about the smoking rules.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Darren. I asked about smoking because far from being a bringer of death, it is in fact life enhancing. I believe Anti-smokers are the people that fear death most of all in our society.

    Thank you for your wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Unknown
    I wasn't sure at first whether you were talking about normal smoking or pot smoking,since the Nimbin cafe is located in a notorious pot smoking town.Personally I don't smoke,but am all for legalizing pot.As for my views on smoking,I think it is up to each individual to walk their own path on that issue.To me stress is the biggest killer in life,and if smoking is what calms an individual and they feel they want to smoke and know the dangers of it,I say go for it.
    We all have our vices and life is about taking risks and none of us are going to get out of it alive anyway,so choose your poison I say,and walk your own path through life.

    ReplyDelete