Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 31, 2014

A Dove Sign for Me ... or Mike?

I went up to the Temple last night to celebrate  
The Year of the Horse with my Chinese friends, but this year the police stopped us drivers up the road from the temple and told us that we would have to park outside the temple grounds and walk up the road.
In Logan city, where the temple is, the council have artists paint animals and Australian scenes on the telephone poles throughout the city. 
I never knew there were painted poles outside the temple, as I usually park the car in the temple grounds, but tonight having to walk, the first pole I encountered had a white dove painted on it, which made me think of Mike Perry and the dove stories he often posts on his blog-site that bring hope and comfort to many of the blog's readers.
http://www.67notout.com/
It also made me think of the white dove that comes to bring comfort to a local jockey and his family who tragically lost their son, which I wrote about here -
What's This Old Sport? An Afterlife Story in the Sport Section? What's the World Coming To?
The funny thing though was the pole's number ends in a 76, which is one of Mike's favourite number signs. 
And speaking of Signs, I had a watch that I had won from the the movie promotion of Mel Gibson's movie Signs
It had a broken winder and I was thinking of throwing it out at one stage, but decided to keep it even if it never worked again.
Just before Christmas I took it to the jewelers to see how much it would cost to repair.
At first they said $40, but later it turned out to be $85 ... ouch .... but I finally got it back and wore it last night thinking I wonder if it will produce any signs for me tonight
Well, I guess it did. 
And the funny thing is that Mike sent me a personal message this morning and also commented on the dove post I wrote earlier in the week, without my even mentioning this telephone pole.
The white dove, named Charlie,
regularly visits the family.
Don't you just love sync ... and signs?-)
My Signs watch ... connect the dots?
Update:
It didn't even occur to me when I was writing this post this morning that Scott Galloway is a jockey and that I was going up to the temple to see in the Year of the Horse.
Scott Galloway aboard race winner Angusroy

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the mention and the link to my blog.

    Not sure if the Year of the Horse is something to look forward to as, from what I've read, it is associated with warfare and conflict. Perhaps the white dove is a sign that, for some, there can still be peace, or maybe they will be the peacemakers.

    I like the idea of the paintings on telephone poles. I remember seeing the photo of the one near to where you live.

    The signs are there, but it's whether we bother to take heed of them. Your watch will be a good reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool watch! I loved that post mike did o the doves. Synchs and signs, buddies forever.

    ReplyDelete