Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 24, 2014

Graham Hancock's Brisbane Talk (2014)

Graham Hancock on stage
 in
Brisbane, May 2014
I attended a talk by Graham Hancock in Brisbane on Wednesday, May 14th, 2014 and here are a few pictures and personal comments of the night.
First of all, I have to say that I loved the setting for the talk ...
the old museum building right next door to the Brisbane RNA showgrounds.
If you look to the right of my blog, you will see a picture I took of a Ferris Wheel some years ago at the Royal Brisbane Show, it's on my sidebar.
I've put a red ring around the
"old museum"
in the above photo
I haven't been in this building since I was in primary school, maybe 40 years ago now.
Back then it was just the museum, not The Old Museum building, as we call it now.
Looks like the old girl is getting a face-lift at the moment, which is good, since Queensland doesn't have a good track record of looking after its old landmarks.
It was a ticket-less entry on the night, too.
All you had to do was produce photo ID and the staff at the event marked you off the list on their iPads and gave you a wristband to save having to waste paper by you, or them printing out a paper ticket.
Kind of defeats the purpose though, as what was the wristband made out of?
It was a case of first in, first served, as there was no numbered seats and for some reason nobody really seamed to rush for the front row, where I ended up sitting, because the guy and his wife I had been talking to while waiting outside decided to sit up in the front row.
Here's a post by a guy named Greg who was there on the night and gave his summary of subjects covered in the talk - 
http://www.dailygrail.com/Reviews/2014/5/Graham-Hancock-Live
 And here is a link to a podcast about
Graham Hancock's Brisbane talk by a lady who goes by the name of Nyx Fullmoon on 4zzz's  
The Witching Hour radio show - 
http://www.4zzzfm.org.au/program/the-witching-hour
Oddly enough, Graham's talk in Brisbane was held on a full moon, also.
Graham started his talk about his semi-fictitious book War God, which I was hoping to buy on the night, but he wasn't selling any books on the night, so I'll have to get it from Amazon now:-(
After his talk on War God he came down to a table set up to my right to sign books ... if you brought some with you, that is. 
Doh!!!
One selfish guy brought a whole shopping bag full of books from home to sign in a ten-minute break with a heap of people lined up behind him.
I wonder what Graham is thinking while looking at the bag of books plonked down in front of him?
The line-up behind the shopping bag guy
The second part of the talk was about the war on consciousness which was a bit like the talk he did at the Tribal cinema in Brisbane in 2012 that I wrote about here -
"Origins of Consciousness Tour" - Brisbane
The last part of his talk was about his upcoming book, a sequel to 
Fingerprints of the Gods.
All in all, a very interesting night I thought.
Thanks Graham, see you next time you're back in Brisbane.


No comments:

Post a Comment