Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 24, 2014

All Stars?

I came across a story on the net about a basketball player who had the "Star of David" tattooed on his left hand.
Is Amare Stoudemire Jewish? Knick Shows Star of David Tattoo, Wears Yarmulke
The synchy thing is when I was about sixteen, I wanted a star tattooed on my hand, not for any other reason than to have a star there to remind me to shoot for the stars.
I was going to have a five-pointed star, but I couldn't draw one properly, so I drew a six-pointed star and liked it and had a tattooist go over it.
I later went back and got it coloured in orange.
My old star tattoo
The trouble was that everyone saw it as a "Star of David
and not just a star and kept asking me if I was Jewish all the time.
And while I didn't get into any real trouble (apart from a butcher who always had a Jewish joke ready for me to hear) when I had it on my hand, I did see the potential trouble it might get me into in the future, so at around about twenty years old I had it removed surgically and still carry the scar today.

No comments:

Post a Comment