Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 29, 2014

Christmas Beetle/Golden Scarab Sync

I had just watched Forrest Gump the night before last, after hiring it from a local video store, because it was a movie mentioned in Alan G Hunter's book The Path of Synchronicity.
click to make photo bigger
I get to work the next day and am given a box of chocolates for Christmas from a company whose vitamin products we distribute (all of my workmates got a box) from a lady I don't really know named Tina (which is my wife's name ... and she wouldn't give me the time of day, never mind a box of chocolates. My wife that is) 
Thanks?
THanks?
Tom Hanks?
And so, at the moment I'm writing a post about the movie and the chocolates and ...

last night while I am trying to get my thoughts together about the "Forrest Gump" post, I hear a scratching sound in the roof above me and the next thing I see and hear is a Christmas beetle forcing its way through the vent holes in my roof (which is a feat in itself) and then it starts flying all around my computer room until I lost sight of it and couldn't find it.
 
This morning, I found it buried in a pile of papers on my floor which are all related to posts I want to write and things I want to do or see.
It was on top of a flyer for the movie The Vatican Museums 3D and I thought it was dead.
But it must have just been sleeping and started stirring in my hand, so I took it outside and put it in the garden.
This is the first time a "Golden Scarab" has ever burst into my life like this.
Weird experiences everywhere around me this week.
 
It's funny, because I've been feeling like I'm getting buried in synchronicities lately.
I have about twenty posts I feel need writing, some going back to the
 Byron Bay Writers Festival at the beginning of August.
 
I guess I will just have to let synchronicity guide me along the path, as to which ones I should write and post first?-)
I guess life is like a box of chocolates .... decisions, decisions?

UPDATE: 29th Nov, 2014
 
I also just realized the chocolates I got had names like Galaxy, Milky Way, Mars, etc.
I also remembered that Dung beetles
(which is what the Egyptians modeled the scarab from) are guided by The Milky Way as well, and while Christmas beetles aren't Dung beetles, they are from the Scarab family still.
So, it was probably the Milky Way chocolates attracting the beetle last night;-)
Dung Beetles,
Scarabs
, and the
Milky Way Galaxy

1 comment: