Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 3, 2015

My Night at the Ancient Astronauts Australian Tour 2015

On Wednesday July 22nd this year I attended the Ancient Astronauts Australian Tour 2015 featuring Erich von DΓ€niken and David Hatcher Childress at the Brisbane Convention Centre in GREY street, of all places;-)
Erich von DΓ€niken in Brisbane on July 22nd, 2015
I went mainly to see one of my childhood heroes Erich von DΓ€niken, as growing up in the 70s Chariots of the Gods was a favourite show that would be replayed on TV throughout my childhood years.
Erich mainly talked about Ezekiel's Wheel on the night, which I found amusing since I knew that I was going to write a post about the night on my blog called which is called,"Watching the Wheels Go Round".
Erich talking about Ezekiel's Wheel and aliens on the night
I couldn't help thinking that I had walked past the above wheel on the way into the conference room somehow;-)
Brisbane Wheel/Ezekiel's Wheel?
And boy did I get a fright when I looked over the railing of those escalators pictured above.
 Good luck surviving if you trip and fall over these railings, it reminds me of the view I see every time I walk out my new bedroom in my two - story rented townhouse.
The staircase in my rented townhouse, where I have to watch my step.
Walk like an Egyptian?-)
Maybe there is some good advice in that above song for me when I walk down my stairs.
David Hatcher Childress
David Hatcher Childress gave an interesting talk before Erich came on.
And David even came down into the audience after his talk to sign things and pose in photos right behind where I happened to be sitting.
David seemed to have quite a few fans on the night.
Apparently he is on a show called Ancient Aliens, which I have never watched.
David said that when people find out that he is on the Ancient Aliens TV show, they mainly want to know what's up with that guy's hair who is on the show with you?
Erich also mingled with the audience, before and after his talk, getting photos taken with fans and signing books.
I hope that I have as much energy and enthusiasm as Erich does when I'm eighty years old.
Duncan Roads, editor of NEXUS magazine
Another hero of mine (not that I agree with more than half of what he says), Duncan Roads, editor of NEXUS magazine gave an introduction speech and plugged his new website the ANP, which I wrote about in this post -
The Alternative News Project
Although I didn't pay for my tickets with MasterCard, I'd have to agree that some moments in life are priceless, this was one of them for me.
It was an honour to share a room and listen to a great thinker from my fond childhood memories of a man who got me thinking, asking questions and not settling only for the established theories of the day, if they didn't seem to add up.

2 comments:

  1. I'm envious!! I would have loved seeing these people talk. I can't believe you've never watched Ancient Aliens, but went to this particular conference. ANP is interesting, a good roundup of alternative news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only went to see Erich von DΓ€niken,as I'm a fan of his "Chariots of the Gods" movie from way back.
    It was just a bonus that Richard was on the tour with Erich as well.
    I've never watched one episode of "Ancient Aliens",but I've seen people using the guy "with the weird hair" in various parodies on the internet
    (as I have done in the post above also)
    ,so I kinda knew who David was talking about when he mentioned "the weird hair guy".
    I think you would have loved this little get together too,Trish.

    ReplyDelete