Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 10, 2015

The Walk

I saw The Walk last night at my local cinema in 3D and loved it. 
Petit at the start of the film practices his rope walking skills by fixing a wire/rope between two trees to learn his skills, and later when talking about his plan to walk in New York, his girlfriend asks where he will find two trees over one hundred stories tall
Which ties in nicely with Joe Alexander's twin pines theory in his BTTF/9/11 video below.
There is also a scene where synchronicity is implied where Petit sees an article about the Twin Towers, while reading about his high wire walk over the French cathedral
Although he calls it a sign.
The French magazine article Petit
finds in a
dentist's waiting room

The real Petit, 1974
As above, so below;-)
Here's a few synchromystic possible winks I found in the film, on a personal and maybe universal level.
 If you go to the 3:11 mark of the IMAX trailer at the top of this post, in the movie Petit says,
"years ago he told me something I'll always remember, he said you can not lie on stage, the audience will always know what is inside your heart."
An implied double cross on the towers?
"...no one will have any idea." Hmm!
Petit's mentor in the scene before that quote in the trailer advises Petit to stage the event by using a safety wire, assuming that Petit would be so high up that no one would be able to see the safety wire anyway.
On August 7th 1974 Philippe Petit gave an incredible high-wire performance by walking between between the Twin Towers of New York’s World Trade Center eight times in one hour.
Interview: Philippe Petit on Man on Wire
A rather prophetic/synchromystical
photo from the actual walk?
To back up the BTTF predicts 9/11 video theory a little, below is a picture of the front of a flyer I got at an Australian cinema that I saw The Walk in on October 9th.
See how the dates of the preview weekend screenings make a 9-11?
Petit's sacred performance space he says
 in the movie is
a perfect circle;-)

UPDATE: January 22nd, 2017
I never actually got around to finishing this post, in fact, I kind of forgot about it, but I more or less finished this post by writing this post -
The Bridge with Kira featuring David Charles Plate
I hope that kind of brings this post to a close, even though I'm sure I could write more about this movie.

1 comment: