Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 9, 2016

I Think Lucas Got His 'Star Wars' Ideas While Trippin' Out on Tommy ;-)

"Luke I'm your mother"?-)
Hmm
While grabbing some screen shots from the movie 'Tommy' for a post I'm writing on the movie's Gnostic and Tarot card imagery I couldn't help noticing the parallels to the Star Wars Trilogy that Lucas would bring out after Tommy hit the screens and wondered if Lucas got any of his ideas after maybe watching Tommy?

"Curse the (Air)Force!"
 Tommy's last name is (Sky?)Walker after all;-)
Captain Walker's plane on fire and falling from the sky
And his father flies for the Empire and ends up with a fried face and dying for fighting with the Empire, in a roundabout way. 
"Luke I'm your father."
Of course, Luke, like Tommy, plays the fool also, so they were bound to tread similar paths I suppose.

But I just can't help thinking George got inspired by the movie Tommy, as well.
Those blue buns may have inspired Lucas
with hairstyles, as well?-)
Hmm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment