Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 28, 2016

Is KoozΓ₯ Cursed?

I saw Kooza in Sydney and loved it, but there does seem to be a bit of a dark cloud following this show around in a synchomystical sense lately.
I drove past the Kooza tent on Saturday on my way to North Lakes in Brisbane to go to my cousin's place for a BBQ.
 The Kooza tent in Sydney the night I saw it, Sept 22nd, 2016 
My cousins used to live in Cronulla, so I was showing them my photos of my last trip to Sydney and I came across my Kooza photos and I was telling them how dangerous and spectacular the acrobatic hoop show and 'Wheel of Death' was, and that I can't believe that there hasn't been an accident during the show (that I know of anyway) and yesterday I see this news story -
Cirque du Soleil acrobat falls during Brisbane show
"A BRISBANE-born acrobat was hospitalised yesterday after falling during a performance of Cirque du Soleil’s Kooza.
Lisa Skinner
, 35, was swinging from a hoop about 6m from the ground when she fell during the matinee performance in the Big Top at Brisbane Airport’s Skygate yesterday afternoon.
It is believed she escaped serious injury.
"

Lisa Skinner during the Olympics in Athens, Greece in 2004
I saw this photo above of Lisa performing (in Cronulla colours, too) at the 2004 Olympic games and I couldn't help thinking how lucky she was yesterday avoiding serious injury, or even death.
I wrote about the Brisbane bus with the Kooza advertisement on the side of it that caught my attention in another bleak news story I saw a few weeks ago -
KoozΓ₯ and Death?
Bus driver killed in horror attack after man sets him on fire
Not only did I see the story of a Brisbane girl Lisa Skinner falling during a Kooza show in her/my hometown, but I also saw a story in the newspaper yesterday about Andrew Johns having a fall at Lennox Heads from his surfboard and breaking his sternum.
League great Andrew Johns feared he was having a heart attack
"Rugby league great Andrew Johns has revealed he thought he was having a heart attack following a surfing accident.
Johns fell heavily while surfing
but drove home.
In the middle of the night he woke up with an excruciating chest pain and initially thought it was a heart attack.
He was rushed to hospital and it was later revealed the
42-year-old had a broken sternum."

Andrew Johns following Jim Maloney
 around after the final
I wrote about visiting Andrew's hometown, Newcastle on the way down to Sydney in this post -
New Castle? See Change?
Let's hope it's all blue skies ahead now for the Kooza show and that the dark clouds are now gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment