Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 2, 2017

Mysterious Universe/Mysterious Canberra

Andrew West Griffin
I received an e-mail from my
Oklahoma resident friend 
Andrew West Griffin who is the great-great nephew of Walter Burley Griffin and he wrote to me that he had this Mysterious Universe podcast, out of Sydney, forwarded to him and that they talk about "Occult Canberra" and Walter Burley Griffin.
Here is the link to the first half of the podcast, which is what I listened to, as I'm not paying to hear the second part of it -
17.07 – MU Podcast
I have listened to these guys once before when my friends Rob and Trish MacGregor were on the show, as I wrote in this old post in the link here -
Episode 911: Mysterious Universe
But I haven't listened to a Mysterious Universe show since yesterday when I listened to #17.07.
I've been to Canberra twice last year, spending a whole week there on my last trip and I loved it down there, so much that I'm still considering a permanent move to the city.
I did drive down through Sydney, if you were wondering after listening to the podcast;-)
I also like how these guys on the podcast show used Halfasheep's video interview with James Macaron, not that I really agree with James's theories, but they are interesting, nevertheless.
Anyone who reads this blog of mine regularly would know that I feature Halfasheep's videos quite a lot in posts on the blog.
The guys that run the MU podcast show sound like a couple of morning radio jocks that you would listen to in the car on any crappy commercial station you care to mention, so it's a bit of a "shits and giggles" format where these guys throw up a topic and then try to laugh it away, as if to give the impression they think there could be something to it, but they don't want any of it sticking to them, so they try to laugh it away and make a joke of it, which is fine by me, because some of the stuff they mention really is bizarre and has to be BS, but some of the stuff they bring up and laugh at is sometimes more like nervous laughter I feel.
Anyway, you won't have to smoke DMT to listen to this show and hear these clowns (and I mean that in a nice way fellas:-) for yourself (you would have to listen to the podcast to get that one).  
Kyle Sandilands the green-eyed clown
I've put the show into my favourite podcasts on my iPad, as it beats listening to real life clowns like Kyle Sandilands on free to air radio (who I never listen to by the way, he is just an extreme example of bad radio jocks I could think of on the airwaves).
Which reminds me of the book I just finished reading and the post I last wrote titled featuring my friend Andrew West Griffin and a post he had written about that book at the Red Dirt Report -
The 'A Confederacy of Dunces' Curse
Believe what you like about Canberra, but if you've been there for a visit there is no denying it is a mysterious place, planned or otherwise ... but in a good way I feel.

2 comments:

  1. Sync
    I told Andrew about this show, as I remembered he mentioned his relative had designed Canberra on type1radio.com a few years ago when we interviewed him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So a guy in England tells a guy in the USA who tells a guy in Australia (me) about an Australian show I hadn't heard.
    Ironic isn't it :-)

    ReplyDelete