Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 10, 2017

Butcher Birds?

As I was writing my last post yesterday afternoon about seeing two movies at the Schonell Cinema on Saturday -
Lo and BeholdReveries of the Connected World
Werner Herzog's exploration of the Internet and the connected world.
Jasper Jones is often considered an "Australian To Kill a Mockingbird" due to its prejudices on racism similar to those in Harper Lee's hit novel.
And I was looking at the above picture when I was writing that post and thinking to myself that it was funny not seeing my butcher bird friend turn up for the first time I've been to the cinema, and the butcher bird not making an appearance.
I wrote about my first real butcher bird experience in this post over a year ago at the same cinema -
People Places Things ... and Bricks
My first encounter with a
butcher bird at Pizza Cafe
Butcher birds must have something for pizza, because I also wrote about encountering a butcher bird at the Byron Bay Writers Festival last year in this post -
Another Orb at the Byron Bay Writers Festival?
The Byron Bay butcher bird in 2016
And while there is a butcher bird that hangs around my unit, it only visits me sporadically, and I hadn't seen it for a few weeks, even though I hear the butcher birds calling to each other around the unit complex nearly every morning.
Butcher bird at my
kitchen window in
2016
Who Are You Today?
The butcher bird at my computer
 room window
yesterday
But here is the thing that WTFed me yesterday afternoon as I'm sitting at my computer writing that post, looking at the pizza photo and thinking that it looks like the butcher bird has nothing to teach me anymore on a shamanic level.
I hear a weird noise coming from outside the window above my computer desk, so I stand up and look out and there is a butcher bird outside the window sitting on the awning catching insects.
I didn't have my camera on me and was wishing I did so I could get a picture of the bird to back up my story, so I decided to get my iPod from my bedroom, switch it on and hope the bird hadn't flown off ... which it hadn't.
It had its back to me when I first started snapping photos and then it somehow sensed I was behind the closed window and semi-opened blinds, and just looked at me as if to say,"can I come inside?"
I just couldn't believe the timing of this little bird turning up outside my window as I was wondering if butcher birds didn't have any more shamanic messages for me.
Looks like they do:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment