Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 19, 2017

Chained to the Rhythm?

I just listened to an interesting podcast at the 'Future Fossils' podcast website with science journalist Jessa Gamble, author of The Siesta and The Midnight Sun: How Our Bodies Experience Time, about time in the body, circadian rhythms, lunar cycles, and the science of sleep.
FUTURE FOSSILS #0026 JESSA GAMBLE (CIRCADIAN RHYTHMS & THE SCIENCE OF SLEEP)
I find the subject of circadian rhythms and sleep cycles a fascinating subject, especially when living in this meat puppet I was born into.
I hate when I'm up late at night and in the middle of a blog post that I'm trying to write and post before I hit the sack, and my mind begins swimming into the sleep cycle, and I just have to give up because I'm making too many mistakes.
I'm one of those people who need close to an “8 hour night” of sleep to function properly the next day, well at least 6 hours of sleep.
You start feeling like an iRobot when you have to recharge at the end of everyday, but such is life, I guess.
Probably why zombie movies and TV shows about zombies are so popular in our sleep deprived modern world.
But this is an interesting podcast to listen to, if you can just find some time to do so;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment