Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 13, 2017

Death, Signs and Synchronicity?

I saw today a post from the 'Log 24' blog about the death of Jon Underwood, who was the founder of the Death Cafe. 
He encouraged people around the world to discuss death, over tea and cake.
He was 44.
Jon's wife, Donna Molloy, said that the cause was a brain hemorrhage from acute promyelocytic leukemia. 
His death was sudden, she said; his leukemia had not been diagnosed.
It was weird I found out about Jon's death through the 'Log 24' blog as I helped fund the first Death Cafe in the USA in 2012 and I wrote a post about the mirror synchronicity of the numbers 42 and 24 in this post -
Mirror Synchronicity 42/24
I never knew Jon and didn't ever have any contact with him, but I thought how spooky that I had used a skull cake in an old post called -
Ohio Public Radio Interview About The Death Cafe With Lizzy Miles
and that Jon died from a brain hemorrhage from diagnosed acute promyelocytic leukemia.
The First Death CafΓ© in the USA?
First Death Cafe in Australia
I still haven't been to a Death Cafe yet, as I'm always talking, writing or listening about death, but I think death is a good subject to come together and have a chat about it for those who feel that they need to -
Dead Dad's Club
It can be very therapeutic and healing ... not that you ever completely heal when someone in your life dies ... to talk about death, grief and loss.
Maybe when the Death Cafes put in a drive-thru I'll come by and pick up a coffee and a piece of cake;-)
It's a great legacy you left for the world Jon.
See you on the other side and maybe we can go for some coffee and cake together over there.
Cheers.
P.S. Five minutes after I posted this post I checked the 'Watching the Watchmen' blog to see if there were any new sync posts and saw that 'Log 24' put up a new post 42 minutes ago.
Not to mention seeing that the NPR blog had a post called 'Is the Universe Conscious?' and the TDG blog posted their news briefs with a story included about a 5,000-year-old House of the Dead.
Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment