Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 19, 2017

Pooh Poo-Pooed in China?

I just saw in the news media (obviously not the Chinese news media:-) that Winnie the Pooh is in the s#it in China for taking the piss out of the Chinese leader -
"After being used as a stand-in for the country's President, Xi Jinping, in a range of internet jokesimages, memes and gifs of the honey-seeking mammal have begun to quickly disappear online.
Merriden Varrall, director of the East Asia Program at the Lowy Institute in Sydney, said the jokes were seen as damaging by China's ruling Communist Party."
I wonder if this means the banning in China of the great Pooh book, 'The Tao of Pooh', too?
And my blog?-)
Something Strange Happened to Me on THE WAY out of a Taoist Temple
Evergreen Taoist Church of Australia
If a Pooh is censored in the forest, can you still see him for the
trees?-)

And does he Pooh in the woods, or not?
Maybe there will be a Panda ban in China next?
Now that would be funny and a nightmare for Chinese censorship.

UPDATE: July 20th, 2017
Pando?!
Panda?! 
I watched the late Heath Ledger in an Australian movie called 'Two Hands' last night.
I had to watch it because it was due back today at the video shop and I didn't want to rent it out for another week.
I picked it up in 5 movies for 5 dollars deal that the video store run on Thursdays every week.
Thor's Day?-)
I was after Anton Yelchin movies to watch at the time for my post that I was writing about Yelchin
The Deeply Odd Synchromystic Life and Death of Anton Yelchin
But I could only get three of his movies that I wanted to watch,'Odd Thomas', 'Terminator Salvation' and 'Fright Night'.
So, I picked up 'The Skeleton Twins', which I saw a few weeks ago to get some screen shots for a post I'm working on about the Chris Hemsworth/Kristen Wiig synchromystic movie/theme connections.
And then I saw the cover to 'Two Hands' in front of my face, which apart from Ledger, also starred Brendan Cowell's ex, Rose Byrne.
Starring Rose Byrne and Kristen Wiig
I had seen 'Two Hands' when it first came out on DVD, but it didn't mean that much to me at the time, as I didn't know about Rose and Brendan's relationship for years after, plus I don't think they were together when I saw this movie way back then, when Heath's career was just starting out and he was a nobody in the movie world.
Back in those days I wasn't into noticing synchronicity like I do now.
I was just in a rut working in a big blue furniture store, paying off a seemingly never-ending mortgage and watching my beloved Sharks try to string a few wins together, hoping one day to see them holding the NRL trophy up on the winner's podium.
I couldn't remember too much about seeing 'Two Hands' back then, but I got the movie out for a number of reasons.
One, I was going to the Gold Coast to watch the Sharks play the Titans that weekend and Rose used to cheer for the Sharks at one point (I'm not sure if she still does).
The Night of the Undergods/dogs
Two, I had been working on a spooky series of posts in conjunction with Christopher Knowles work and research at 'The Secret Sun' blog about Tim Buckley's 'Song to the Sirien', which was a song featured in the Heath Ledger film 'Candy' (which the video shop didn't seem to have on the shelf).
Christopher Knowles' book
Brendan and Rose and the Sharkies
Brendan Cowell
13?! Heath Ledger in a scene from the movie 'Two Hands'
Cronulla captain's jersey, first winning
 captain in the
Shark's
history 
Room 13 is the turning point of this film.
Bad luck, or good luck?-)
13 has been a big number in my life lately, with my father passing away on the 13th of September last year, just before Paul Gallen (#13) holding up the NRL trophy for the first time in nearly 50 years of the club trying to snare it.
The thing that struck me when watching 'Two Hands' again last night is that this film is all about Taoism and synchronicity in its themes.
The movie starts off under Sydney/Cronulla/Sutherland
 (Captain Cook's first landing spot)
And I'm not stating this lightly, this film is ALL about Taoism and synchronicity.
I could probably write a whole post and then some about this movie.
That's the actual subtitle from the
DVD by the way, I didn't write it.
Words are just spells?-)
The weird thing is in the movie 'Two Hands' that there is a siren type theme like in his later movie 'Candy', as well.
Heath's character Jimmy is drawn into the water because he thinks he sees the girl he has fallen in love with, but it was an illusion he soon finds out, once he is in the water and this is where his trouble starts in the movie.
Coffee and the Siren's Song
Anyway, you either get my drift, or you don't, but I'm going to end this post update about 'Two Hands' here before it gets WAY too long;-)
Get the movie out and watch it for yourself and see for yourself what I'm writing about.
And if you think that I'm just full of s#it, it's still a good movie to watch anyway.
And remember to -
And that -
'Two Hands', get it?-)

UPDATE: July 22nd, 2017
That's fair enough, I can't bear Justin, either:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment