Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 26, 2017

The Meaning and Meaninglessness of Life (Part 1)

I had a dream last night that was really a life lesson about my life and WHO I really THINK I am.
The Message ... Just Be Yourself
WARNING: This post contains images of deceased Indigenous persons.
Normally I have these great dreams then wake up and think what a great post this will make.
Then I go to the "bathroom" come back to bed to recall the great dream and have forgotten the thread of it before I can make any notes about it.
And then I can't remember any of it at all after a while, just the thought that it really was a great dream and would have made a great post, book, movie, stage play, or song ... if only I could remember what it was all about.
This time though I jotted the main points down, so I have the big fish by the tail, so hopefully in the upcoming posts it won't wriggle free from my mind and dive back into the subconsciousness from which it emerged in my dream. 
Patrick Stewart as Captain Ahab in 'Moby Dick'
I think a whole lot of things have magickally intersected in my life in a chaotically and meaningful way right now to create that dream I had last night, some good and some not so good ... in fact some heartbreakingly sad.
Before I went to bed last night I read a news story about the suicide of Alice Eather -
Alice Eather: Anti-fracking activist's 'black dog' never left her, family says
The thing is even though I'm not an Indigenous Australian I am an Australian ... or should that be Australien?
And Alice's story is my story, and my story is your story too, no matter where you live on the planet we call Earth, because we are all a part of the earth.
And I feel sorry for Alice's father in his grief and trying to put it all down to a chemical imbalance in Alice's brain, because having attempted suicide myself in my teens over 30 years ago I know that mindset quite well, and it's not because of "a chemical imbalance" it's because of a sometimes true perception of the big picture of your little life and the point of a seeming pointless and uncaring world and future.
The mind is way more than just chemical reactions, I THINK.
"It's all a sea of hands"?!
WHAT THE F ... inger?! The Sound of 'Two Hands' Clapping?
To me happiness (or the thought and pursuit that you should be happy all of the time) is just as much of a sickness as depression is.
You need both in a healthy balance in your life to truly find the meaning in life, I think.
Because guess what?
None of us are getting out of here alive.
But that doesn't mean it's the end of us, although it may appear so from down here on the playing field. 
The elephant in the room?
Maybe seeing the movie 'Dunkirk' with my oldest son at the cinema last night also played a part in forming my dream.
I know people living now who claimed to have been killed in past battles like this one, so who knows?
But the fact that Harry Styles was in this movie also rammed home seeing Jimmy Webb a few weeks ago, knowing that Jimmy's father who passed away last year (like my own father did) served in WWII defending the Pacific and Australia from attack while the British were fighting their own battles in Europe.
Highwayman Signs?
I had even taken that sword in my car to show my son after the movie, as he hadn't seen it yet and I was hoping that a cop wasn't going to come along as I was showing my son the sword and arrest me for carrying a weapon.
Now that I've shown my son the sword and told him the story of it, I can give it to my brother-in-law to keep, as I don't want a rusty old sword in my home.
I've got the photos and memories of it with me for the future anyway.
Paris Michael K Jackson's 'Donnie Darko' tattoo
And on the subject of memories, if Alice's death wasn't enough, I wake up this morning to type up this first post and see that Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu has passed away -
Dr G Yunupingu: Australia's most prominent Indigenous musician dies aged 46
WTF is going on right now in this part of the universe?
Did I tell you that my father was a cab driver most of his life?-)
Synchronicity: The Unifying Connection?
Dan Aykroyd as a cab driver in the new 'Ghostbusters'
Scenes from Heath Ledger's movie 'Two Hands'
But Dylan’s Not Dead” ”Oh ... Isn’t He?”
I saw Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu play the Byron Bay Bluesfest when Bob Dylan came out to play it.
I never intended on seeing Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu play (in fact I didn't even knew who he was until that night), I was only there holding my ground for Bob Dylan's gig which was on the same stage right after Geoff.
It's one of those times where life throws you in front of a bus, but in a good metaphorical way.
I couldn't understand one word Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu was singing to me, but the emotional impact of his voice and song really put a lump in my throat ... and it still does to this day, maybe more so from now on when I hear him sing.
He is not here anymore (in body anyway) and Dylan is still, ironically.
The cosmic Trickster has really been putting in some overtime at the office lately, it seems to me.
I watched the above You Tube the other day about Christopher Nolan talking about Heath Ledger playing the Joker in 'The Dark Knight' and I noticed the running time of the You Tube was like a numerical anagram of the number 237 (the room number Kubrick gave the room in Kubrick's 'The Shining') and is the bus number of the Bondi bus in 'Two Hands'.
There were also 237 dislikes of the above You Tube when I viewed it.
Heath Ledger in 'Two Hands'
I might end part one of this post here, as I didn't expect to be writing about Geoffrey's passing today and it threw my post into a whole new loop, but a relevant loop, nevertheless.
I'll be getting to work on part two of this post after another night of sleep and hopefully no new surprises in the morning to sidetrack me.

UPDATE: July 28th, 2017
"Late Arnhem Land musician Dr G Yunupingu chose to end his dialysis treatment knowing the dire consequences that would follow, his doctor has told the ABC.
"It seems increasingly clear that having missed dialysis for the longest time that he ever did, and actually having called people to say goodbye, that he was actually making a decision for himself — just as Kerry Packer did — to actually leave dialysis," Paul Lawton said."
So, would this be considered suicide?
Life Support?
I don't think so, but if it is I still don't have a problem with it.
Shine on G.

2 comments:

  1. Eeesh. Didn't know that about Alice. She was a hero. That's an intense bit of news right there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah.
    Alice's and Geoffrey's passing just months apart is eerie and Alice’s funeral was at Mount Gravatt in Brisbane and her wake in West End.
    My father was cremated in Mt.Gravatt and grew up in West End.
    He passed away in an old age home in Mt.Gravatt also.

    ReplyDelete