Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 3, 2017

Sleep Paralysis and Nightmares

I've been watching the TV series 'Medium' on DVD after reading Allison DuBois book 'Secrets of the Monarch: How the Dead Can Teach Us About Living a Better Life' and I noticed that each show starts off with Allison having a strange dream, which ends up giving her information to the crime solved in that episode.
The Book Angel (of Death?) and the Shadow Side of Life?
Just how much of the events that occur in the TV show compared to Allison's real life medium-ship, I haven't a clue, but I'm intrigued by the subject of dreams and their relation to waking life.
I listened to a podcast today at the Paranormal Podcast site where Jim Harold interviewed Ryan Hurd and Rodney Ascher about the subject of sleep paralysis and it was quite interesting -
Sleep Paralysis Spectacular – The Paranormal Podcast 494
Rodney Ascher talks about his movie on sleep paralysis, The Nightmare, a movie I liked so much I bought it on DVD.
But I have to admit that I have no clue about sleep paralysis on a personal level and I don't have too many nightmares either.
In fact, I'm flat out recalling any dreams I have most times when I wake up in the morning, but the subject does intrigue me, and I'd like to learn more about and try to recall the dreams that I know I do have but can't remember after waking up.
Rodney also made the movie 'Room 237', which I also own a copy of on DVD.
The Nightmare can be found on Netflix and in other formats, and that podcast link above is worth clicking on, if the subject of dreams and nightmares fascinates you, like it fascinates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment