Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 30, 2017

The 'Real Ghosts' of Luna Park and Anthony Lister?

I saw this news story yesterday about a crane cable snapping and landing on the face at the entrance to Sydney's Luna Park amusement fun-park -
Then last night I came across an article in the latest Australian GQ magazine about Brisbane boy Anthony Lister and one of his featured paintings in that article was of Sydney's Luna Park's iconic face and the painting was titled 'Real Ghosts'.
The same magazine that I wrote about in this post -
"The Sydney Ghost Train fire was a fire on the night of 9 June 1979 at Luna Park Sydney.
The fire killed six children and one adult, and destroyed the amusement park's ghost train."
Rather bizarre considering I had written 'The Funhouse' post about Tobe Hooper passing away the other day -
I also thought it was synchy that in the magazine article BrizVegas boy Anthony Lister says, "I want these guys carrying a dolphin into a club, but he has got no I.D."
Welcome to BrizVegas and Just Keep Calm and Carry On
I'm pretty sure that magazine article would have been written before the Prince of Denmark was refused entry to a Brisbane nightclub about a week ago.
Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark denied entry by Brisbane bar over ID
I couldn't help thinking it was ironic that the ghost known as "Sir No Face" resides just down the harbour from the face of Luna Park:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment