Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 24, 2017

Celebrating Life and #137?

Is that a bottle of Lanson champagne? 
The weekend I had just finished watching 'Le Week-End' again on DVD and gathering screen shots for my post about seeing that movie after watching the 86th Academy Awards ceremony live at the same cinema for this post -
Le Week-End/LOST Week-End?
I was watching the trailer above when writing up the post about that movie and Lindsay Duncan holds up a bottle of Lanson champagne at the 1:37 minute mark.
I just happened to have a bottle of that brand of champagne in my fridge, which I had placed in the fridge on my last move.
Before that I had it in my pantry in my rented unit, as I had bought the bottle around either last Christmas or the one before, as it was a promotional bottle covered with a tennis-ball cover for the Australian tennis grand slam period that year.
I was saving it for when I had something special to celebrate, like a lottery win.
A champagne drinking opening scene from 'Le Week-End'
I had noticed that the movie was sponsored by the English National Lottery and saw this as a sign that maybe I should crack it open and drink it while writing up that post, as usually sparkling wine makes me euphoric and I thought what better way to get inspiration for writing up a blogpost about a trip to France via the cinema screen.
When I took the bottle out of the fridge to check the alcohol content of the bottle (12.5%, about 7 and a half standard drinks) I saw the number 137 at the end of the bar-code and thought, hey that's Wolfgang Pauli's number that he was always on about.
"Is there a number at the root of the universe?
A primal number that everything in the world hinges on?
This question exercised many great minds of the twentieth century, among them the groundbreaking physicist Wolfgang Pauli and the famous psychoanalyst Carl Jung.
Their obsession with the power of certain numbers―including 137, which describes the atom’s fine-structure constant and has great Kabbalistic significance―led them to develop an unlikely friendship and to embark on a joint mystical quest reaching deep into medieval alchemy, dream interpretation, and the Chinese Book of Changes.
137 explores the profound intersection of modern science with the occult, but above all it is the tale of an extraordinary, fruitful friendship between two of the greatest thinkers of our times."
I thought to myself that this was a great sign that I should drink the whole bottle tonight seeing Pauli's number 137 when Lindsay holds the Lanson bottle up at the 1:37 minute mark of the movie trailer and the 137 at the end of the bottle's bar-code?
Then I had the thought that didn't Pauli see the number 137 on his hospital room door and realize he wasn't going to go home
And besides I hadn't had anything to eat since breakfast, so wouldn't it be a good idea to have something in my stomach first?
Then I thought no, that will just make the champagne more of a trip having an empty stomach.
Besides if it wasn't for drinking a bottle of sparkling wine in 2015 I never would have planned to head down to Tasmania, which turned out to be one of the best decisions of my entire life.
Interesting Public Sculpture
I wish I had of had a drink of 'Devil's Corner' before I got married and I may have avoided that painful relationship?-)
Maybe I should have read the fine print, as 23/09 is my birthdate and the design number had the sequence 2366609 in it.
Not that I believe in the devil, but that wasn't a good sign, either way.
Had I have seen that before drinking the whole bottle on an empty stomach then I might have known that I was going to be in for a hell of a night.
But all I could hear in my head was the song 'Champagne' sung by the band 'Sailor' and thinking that I was in for a great voyage through the bubbling sea of gold.
Wrong!
The lead singer of 'Sailor' with an anchor
Tattoos and Tokens of Hope and Hopelessness
I got halfway through the post while looking up various 'Free Fallin'' songs of Tom Petty's and had to lay down on the floor of my study to stop my head spinning.
It was about 2 o'clock in the morning and I was sleepy, and my head was spinning, and my stomach was churning, but I was determined to finish writing the post before I went to bed, so I thought I would just have a rest on the floor.
Trouble is I started drifting off into a terrible spinning sleep.
And You Tube just started throwing up random Tom Petty clips at me while I was on the floor.
Then this Tom Petty VH1 Storytellers clip came on when I was half asleep.
By then I was riding the rough seas of semi-consciousness wishing I could get off the floor and switch off my computer without throwing up.
That seemed impossible from the floor, but now I was awake, and it seemed like Tom was back to haunt me, as the first thing I heard that caught my attention was Tom saying, "here's one for that guy who is up late at night".
It was around three in the morning by then, so I guessed maybe I was that guy.
He then went on to say how 'Free Fallin' had started off as Mulholland Drive, because he couldn't think of any lyrics to put to that tune in his head.
Then he breaks into 'Free Fallin' which I wasn't in the mood for with my head in free fall and my body well and truly grounded.
Then he goes into a story about his drinking problem and from where I was at the time this felt like a lecture to me.
Believe me Tom, I get it ... now.
Tom Petty at the end of his 'Free Fallin' video clip
Tom finished the last song of the set with a song called 'Angel Dream', which seemed appropriate now in 2017.
I thanked Tom for the words of advice and the insights from what seemed like the other side, and I managed to get up, switch the computer off and get into bed and sail off to sleep on an unsteady raft of dreams.
And like Wolfgang Pauli, I won't be so optimistic when I see the number 137 coming up in personal synchronicities again.
So, I guess if it was one thing that rammed home to me that night/morning, even thought I didn't vomit, was that life isn't fun when you drink to the point of being sick.
Life isn't a fun ride when you are sick.
I'll take #137 as a warning sign next time I see it, especially if it's paired with the number 2366609.
And I'll never drink a crap sparkling wine like Lanson again, I'll stick with the good Australian ones.
The French stuff is overrated and overpriced, I think.
Oddly enough, while checking my "junk" mail that was near my letterbox yesterday, that same shop that sold me the original tennis-ball skinned bottle of champagne is trying to tempt its customers again with champagne for the Melbourne Cup, which takes place on the first Tuesday in November and there is the big daddy of champagne on the front for $199 a bottle. 
BTTF and Off to the Races with Lana Del Rey on Melbourne Cup Day?
Lana Del Rey Just Announced Her First Australian Tour In Five Years
"After months of teasing, Lana Del Rey has finally released the dates for her 2018 Australian tour.
Del Rey will play three headlining shows along the east coast next March,
starting in Brisbane on March 29 and finishing up in Sydney on April 2.
She’ll be hitting big venues all the way — playing Riverstage in Brisbane, Sidney Myer Music Bowl in Melbourne and Qudos Bank Arena in Sydney.
It will be the New York singer’s first Australian tour since 2012, when she headlined Splendour in the Grass and played two sideshows just after the release of her debut album Born To Die.
Since then, Lana’s released three new albums — 2014’s Ultraviolence, 2015’s Honeymoon and 2017’s Lust For Life, meaning she’ll have plenty of material to work through."

At least there isn't a bottle of Lanson on the front of the catalogue, but there is a bottle of pink Lanson when you turn the front page.
And oddly enough I'm working on a future post about all the P!NK synchs I've been having ... and I'm sure there is bound to be more before that post is ready.
"P!nk leaps from No. 19 to No. 1 on the Billboard Artist 100 chart (dated Nov. 4) to become the top musical act in the U.S.
She had previously peaked as high as No. 16 on the ranking (in July 2016)."
Friday the 13th of October, 2017?!
Eden just 237 km to go?!
I noticed that there was a $15 bottle of 'Devil's Corner' from Tasmania (The Apple Isle) in the wine catalogue, too:-)
Card #15?!
Yes, that $15 bottle of 'Devil's Corner' takes my mind back to 2015 when the chains broke in my almost 25 year relationship and the adventure of chasing the white whale of my life purpose really began I guess.
The other thing I find amusing about that screen shot of Lindsay Duncan holding the bottle of Lanson at the 1:37 minute mark of the trailer of 'Le Week-End' is that there is a bottle of Bombay Sapphire Gin behind her and that is my favourite spirit.
And it's on special for $42 dollars going into Melbourne Cup week.
I'm starting to think that Lindsay is playing Eve to my Adam in that screen shot, but I won't be tempted.
It probably all means nothing though ... right
?
Even if Lindsay Duncan will be celebrating her birthday on Melbourne Cup Day this year, November 7th.
Cheers;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment