Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 11, 2018

“Everything is 100% off if you don’t buy it.” Joshua Fields Millburn

Ryan on reconciling shopping needs with minimalism: If you’re feeling angst because you suspect your actions are not aligning with your values and beliefs, something has to change.
I listened to the latest 'The Minimalists Podcast' before going on a drive to Mt. Tamborine yesterday and found it amusing that I came across a shop named "Namaste" after hearing spiritual guru comedian JP Sears minimalize a lady's greeting of "Namaste" to him.
How to Be Ultra Spiritual: Tao of Comedy #45 JP Sears
 "Namaste" was one of a group of shops in 'Whistling Duck Village', so I ducked in to have a look around and found a Betty Boop cut-out in front of a shop called 'Vera Rose Collectables
Hmm ... Betty Boop and Rose ... now where have I heard of that combination of names before?-)
Elizabeth (Betty) Boop, Rose McGowan and Hollywood's Pop-cultural 9/11?
The Minimalist guys will be glad to hear that I ducked back out of the village without buying anything.
I also found it amusing that the 'Vera Rose Collectables' shop had the Betty Boop cut-out next to a rack of greeting cards, because "Namaste" is an Indian greeting.
Unfortunately, I need to learn to minimalize my drinking and stop buying myself little treats at the bottle shop.
I wonder if these drinks come in sex packs?-)
Cheers ... I mean Namaste.
Podcast 114 | SpiritualAF

No comments:

Post a Comment