Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 13, 2018

Hmm ... To Drink ... or Not to Drink?

Now I'm no alcoholic, but I am an average Australian drinker I guess, so when I see this piece of news in the January 4th, 2018 edition of my local paper pictured below it just warms my heart to think that I'm drinking to my health.
But then I see this piece in the following day's paper pictured below and it makes my liver go cold.
So, one person's health tonic can also be the same person's poison it seems.
Chalicity?
This was a tough decision I had to make here, so I tried to tap into my recent shamanic training about chalicity and also asked myself what Jesus would do given this choice.
Beginning Shamanism: Bhatt-trees Not Included?
Yeah, that's what I thought too.
Cheers;-)
And besides the President of The United States would probably just tell me it's all just fake news anyway.
If he wanted to talk to someone like me from some s#@+hole country like Australia, that is:-)

2 comments:

  1. Good post, Daz! Just saw an article recently that said coffee, dark chocolate and red wine aren't all they're touted to be!Next month, there probably will be a study that proves otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that was kind of my point by writing the post Trish.
    Everyday in the paper or other news media outlets we read contradictory news stories about whether something like eggs is good or bad for us...usually from who actually paid for the study (e.g. the egg board) and the outcome of a study that they were after.
    I think most people who drink would realize that if you drink too much that you will do your liver and kidneys in long before your heart kicked it in.
    Personally I like drinking red wine and coffee and beer and a study for or against drinking those liquids would not really stop me from drinking any of them.
    At the end of the day we all get to pick our poison and hope that it doesn't kill us or stuff up our health to a debilitating degree, whether that be smoking (pretty much a given), drinking, eating meat or some other habit we know may be bad for us.
    And then we have other things beyond our control, like the air we breathe and tap water we drink (even if we filter it) etc, to contend with.
    Such is life and none of us make it out alive in the end I guess, but nobody wants to live in ill health for years before dying just because of some bad habit we could have avoided earlier on in life.
    At the end of the day though people must know when their drinking or eating habits are impacting on their health and no newspaper study result will make you feel good about it.

    ReplyDelete