Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 28, 2018

Some Days are Stones and Blue Diamonds?

.
I wrote a post about seeing Neil Diamond play my hometown in 2015 -
Back to the Future with Neil Diamond on Nov 5th?
Neil singing Love on the Rocks on
November 5th, 2015 in Brisbane
And earlier last year I saw Neil was going to be doing a concert again at the same venue on the 24th of March, 2018.
Some dates just burn into my memory, as the 24th of March is my brother's birthday and I have spent many a day/night watching and listening to some of my favourite musicians play my hometown on that date -
The Cosmic Egg and the Dragon
The Cranberries playing
Riverstage
March 24th, 2012
The Voice of an Angel
I was thinking of buying a ticket to his Brisbane concert on March 24th, 2018, since it was his 50th anniversary of touring the world with his show, and the way he played last time in 2015 Neil showed no signs of slowing down with age, and looked like he would be coming back in ten years for a diamond anniversary (60 years) of touring.
I didn't end up buying a ticket though, because I had this nagging thought that told me it would be a waste of time buying a ticket, because this show wasn't going to happen anyway for some reason.
So, I thought to myself it really feels like I'm not going to see this show whether I buy a ticket, or not, so I won't, as I had a good time last time anyway and I have those memories for the rest of my life, as long as I don't get dementia before I die, like my dad did.
Rolling Stone Australia's future in doubt
as publisher goes
into administration
But it was on January 24th, 2018 (Neil's birthday) that I saw the news story in my Brisbane newspaper that Neil had been forced to cancel his Australian tour because of a diagnosis of Parkinson's Disease.
Neil Diamond says he has Parkinson's disease, cancels Australian concerts, retires from touring
In another weird diamond synchronicity I saw this news story that turned into a fairy-tale for Caroline Wozniacki in Rod Laver Arena last night.
And they say that "love" means
nothing
to a tennis player;
-)
Caroline Wozniacki grasping the
trophy with her blue fingernails
What is it with Os and As and Nets and Flix?
The thing is Neil Diamond was to play Rod Laver Arena on April 3rd, 2018.
A least Rod Laver Arena proved sweet for Caroline Wozniacki to play on last night;-)
SHINE BRIGHT LIKE A DIAMOND
I also saw a news story about the 'Blue Diamond' Stakes -
Blue Diamond Preview: Long Leaf gives Hayes belief in double act
"Ben Hayes declared two-year-old colt Long Leaf was on track to make it two Blue Diamond Stakes in a row for the stable after he kept his undefeated record intact at Caulfield."
Caroline Wozniacki is 27 and Dolores
 became an angel in January, too:-)
"The Blue Diamond Stakes is a Melbourne Racing Club Group 1 Thoroughbred horse race for two-year-olds, at set weights, run over 1200 metres at Caulfield Racecourse in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
The event is Victoria's richest two-year-old race with total prize money of A$1,500,000."
And news just in -
Some people really like to take a gamble it seems.
And since Neil's touring days have come to an end in the last days of the 'Year of the Rooster' I thought I should include this news story above.
I also thought it was rather synchy in hindsight that my post about seeing Neil was about the ride life takes us all on -
Back to the Future with Neil Diamond on Nov 5th?
and Neil's last words to his fans when he announced his forced touring retirement was about the ride.
Life is one wild and crazy ride, I think.
And who knows what lies past the finishing line of our life's journey, right?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment