Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 13, 2018

Who Can You Trust Anymore with Your Future?

I was looking for some new interesting podcasts to listen to this morning as I had a pile of ironing to get through and a good podcast to listen to takes my mind off the boredom of the chopping wood and carrying water of daily life.
OK, I do have running water and electricity, but I was trying to be zen about the drudgery of repetitive boring housework and the fun it involves.
I keyed up the search function in my iPad podcasts and typed the word "synchronicity" into the search bar and apart from the synch shows I've often plugged on this blog, there seemed to be nothing new or worth adding to my list of synch shows, so I keyed in the word "serendipity" and while there didn't seem to be much here either, a show called 'Future Tense' caught my eye.
I don't know what it had to do with serendipity, because it seemed to be a science/tech show hosted by Antony Funnell and that name rang a bell for me.
Then I realized why, because I met Antony and read his book years ago -
"Because They're Meant to Do a Kurt Cobain"
Looking back to 2012 and I still have
 that same computer in
2018, too:-)
And my computer hasn't "done a Kurt Cobain" yet, either.
I subscribed to 'Future Tense' and listened to the show titled 'Chatting with Heretics' and thought some very good points were raised in that podcast.
Chatting with heretics
"The state of our public discourse is of grave concern to many.
Moving forward isn’t just about denouncing fake news and ignorance, it’s also about rethinking some of the assumptions we have around the ways in which we communicate and debate.
In this edition of
Future Tense we meet two thoughtful heretics: Professor Peter Harrison explains why recourse to Enlightenment values is of little use in an age of pervasive scepticism; and cultural historian Maria Tumarkin warns against the growing adoption of storytelling as our “pre-eminent cultural form”."

At least in a world where you don't know who you can really trust anymore, it's good to have a podcast I can trust to make me think and keep me entertained through my ironing and housework ... at least for the foreseeable future;-)
Actually, looking at that Billy Joel music clip above I realize that looking back to the past can be as sickening as looking to the future, so I think I'll just stay in the now, now;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment